I'd like to build the perfect trail bike...

this Heckler seems to have a threaded BB and has non-interfering suspension bits but there's not enough space in there for a decent sized battery :roll:

If you chopped the down tube and replaced it with a custom made one to fit what you need of lipoly inside the downtube? If you go moderate on voltage and ah bike could still be stealthy. Like two of these:

74096.jpg

I have a Banshee Frame with a BBS02. The Banshee frames are perfekt because of two reasons.
First they have an absolute straight downtube with an threaded 73mm BB where you can mill down 4mm on the right side.
Second, they have screwed on Dropouts.
I had my own dropouts lasercut. and spaced the rear wheel 6mm to the right. That way the rear cassette moves out 6mm. And the spokes are symmetric.
So I have a stronger rear wheel and an absolute perfekt Chainline :)

The only downside, which isn't one for me, is that there is not much space for a batterie in the triangle. I have the batterie in the Backpack anyway.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

What would you consider an enduro frame? I'm currently working on a project using a 19" 2009 Fuji Thrill LT 2.0 frame that has 150mm of rear travel. I found the perfect fork for it, a 180mm Fox Float 36 RC2 (straight steerer!).

I bought a BBSHD for it, and it fits its 68mm threaded bottom bracket perfectly, and the Luna Eclipse chainring fits without touching the chainstay (awesome!). 42T on a 26" bike is the equivalent of a 38T on a 29er (which is what I have now on my main bike, and it is more than adequate for motorized climbing), and if you use a wide range cassette like a 11-46 or an 11-42 with a 50T OneUp Cog, it should climb anything.

The triangle has quite a bit of room for a battery (for a full suspension frame).

a45e212533028971253302897.jpg

Overclocker said:
... i'm also in the market for an enduro frame and it's been really frustrating finding one w/ a workable BB *AND* one that has ample space in the triangle for battery

It seems that many late model bikes also use a BB30/PF30 bottom bracket, which is easily adapted to the Bafang since they're 68/73m wide. Specialized and KHS come to mind.

Just press in this adapter, and you're good to go.

fsa-pf30-adaptor-bsa-73mm-397402-en.jpg

Overclocker said:
...most if not all of the more recent frames are pressfit like BB92, etc. problematic for the bafang...

robocam said:
What would you consider an enduro frame? I'm currently working on a project using a 19" 2009 Fuji Thrill LT 2.0 frame that has 150mm of rear travel. I found the perfect fork for it, a 180mm Fox Float 36 RC2 (straight steerer!).

I bought a BBSHD for it, and it fits its 68mm threaded bottom bracket perfectly, and the Luna Eclipse chainring fits without touching the chainstay (awesome!). 42T on a 26" bike is the equivalent of a 38T on a 29er (which is what I have now on my main bike, and it is more than adequate for motorized climbing), and if you use a wide range cassette like a 11-46 or an 11-42 with a 50T OneUp Cog, it should climb anything.

The triangle has quite a bit of room for a battery (for a full suspension frame).

a45e212533028971253302897.jpg

Overclocker said:
... i'm also in the market for an enduro frame and it's been really frustrating finding one w/ a workable BB *AND* one that has ample space in the triangle for battery
How did I miss that bike? This Fuji looks like a fantastic choice for an e-bike.
I pulled the trigger on 2009 Giant Trance X0 and I'm building my own transmission to fit that bike.
I like Tangent build, but noise and vibrations are something I couldn't live with.
https://bicyclebluebook.blob.core.windows.net/zoom/giant_trance_x1_09_z.jpg

Attachments

• giant_trance_x1_09_z[1].jpg
    giant_trance_x1_09_z[1].jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 786
Back