Ideal Battery Size For a 48V 1000W E-Bike (Solved)

markz said:
Well I read these BMC's you can go high wattages. I think its rated at 350 or 500W, but I will do 750W and see.
I cam to the conclusion that instead of fabricating a homemade freewheel from a rear wheel hub, I will turn it into a front motor. Now the flats maybe too wide, I havent eye balled it yet, but it will be easy for me to cut the axle to extend the flats inward.

I am getting tired of the drag direct drive motors cause. So I will use DD on a bike where I intend to do little pedaling carrying lots of batteries and just cruising around, and the geared motor on a light setup (A to B setup).

The only other geared motor I tried was a wimpy ass geared BRUSHED motor that came from Canadian Tire, 250W and I burnt the brushes on that in short order.

I like tons of torque but speeds no more then 40kph, cruise at 25-30kph, thats where I want my high efficiency range.
I sold my other bike yesterday. I am going to use a 48v 500w Bafang motor. They can handle 1000w. People have used all steel gears to make it run at 2000w with no problem. I will just use it at 1000w. It can go 25 MPH. That is slower than my DD bike, but the torque will make it worth it. I already have a buyer for my new bike. They are going to buy it in June. So I will have to build another one. I am selling it for $900. It took me $780 to build it. I don't make much, but I don't mind. It is just a project/hobby that I do to occupy my free time. I am glad to see more of my bikes around town. It is nice to see more electric bikes being used.

It is a hobby!

I had an enjoyable 40km ride today. Some drivers are inconsiderate, others are considerate but I take it as it comes.

Back