Ive got this bike ...1976 Honda 750 F1

fill

100 W
I was planning on stripping and restoring it after i build the workshop to do it in (underway).. But.. would it make a good e-m/bike donor? if so what sort of motor battery controller config would i be looking at and what sort of ballpark cost? tbh so far all me ev interest has been on low power pedelec type ebikes what with being located in the UK. I would need to import everything bar the battery which would need to be a local commission or self build.

Speed isnt king and i would be happy with a 60 mph maintainable top speed for motorway travel tho 70 would be ideal. And a 100mile range would be optimum. However reducing the considerable mass of the machine needs consideration as even 20 yrs ago it was a struggle to lift the thing and now i doubt i could manage it at all with the IC powerhouse. Its a Big bike 8ft+ long and a wide ride too

Im not even sure there is a roadmap to getting such a machine on the road legally here with insurance tax etc.. while there is a known route for a self build e-moped to get registered, ive not followed any bigger bike projects locally.. . so it may just all be a fun little thought experiment. BUt i had to move the beast today and the front brake has seized up and i started thinking.. perhaps you know how it is?.

Back