Izip battery pack confusion

My 24V sla battery pack has an on off switch on the side. Its pretty simple, When switched on there is power to the bike. When switched off there is no power to the bike.

But when I hook up my voltmeter, there is power whether the switch is on or off. Why?
P1060866.JPG
P1060867.JPG

likely because that switch switches something else other than the battery circuit, like a controller on/off instead. Having all the batteries power go thru a chinese switch is a poor design, and luckily they did not go that route.

My guess is the same. Is there just two wires leading to the controller?

Often a second thinner red wire goes to the switch, then to the controller. Switch off the thin wire, and the controller shuts off, despite the large wires still having full power. Sometimes the switch is located on a controller, or on the bike somewhere with a key.

got them
P1060871.JPG

i opened the case too. Top wires lead to the battery, The on/off switch is on the bottom, and the controller plug input is at the top.
P1060872.JPG

Yep. the plug has one - that is always on, one + that is always on, and one + that is controlled by the switch. No doubt goes to the on off wire of the controller.

This is the controller end of it, its a two wire connection only. I'm not see that third wire at all?
So confused?

@ its_me_jason

Bingo..... Here the picture and That why it still run 'ON' all the time. Must be bad electrician who soldering or assemble the battery.

chroot said:
@ its_me_jason

Bingo..... Here the picture and That why it still run 'ON' all the time. Must be bad electrician who soldering or assemble the battery.

You might be right about that Chroot, do you have a lot of experience will izips?

I'm going to ask DrkAngel to take a quick peek at this thread he is the izip king!

2 connections, one always on - used to charge battery, the other goes off with switch - battery output to controller?

DrkAngel said:
2 connections, one always on - used to charge battery, the other goes off with switch - battery output to controller?

"Battery output to controller?" that is what everybody thought! but the other end of that three prong plug looks like this...
P1060897.JPG
There is only one connection to the controller form the battery an this is it.

chroot said:
@ its_me_jason

I checked a friends izip and his is wired up the same way, so I bought a voltmeter I'm going to do some continuity tests.

Done, here is a simple schematic i drew up from the continuity tests.
This is how a izip controller and charger interacts with the battery pack.
84103e205b6c3f44cdddbb5b2b51cce9.jpg

As I attempted to explain ...

izip connections.jpg

I've seen a lot of talk about pre-charge around here. Most of the threads I've read, the pre-charge is for a bike with a high voltage battery.

Would i need a pre-charge for a setup like this?

Back