• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

jonescg's NEW electric racebike BUILD thread!

Race 2 Results from Formula Extreme today attached.

Voltron came first again! Ripperton still close behind but Catavolt only made 3 of 4 laps.

What a result compared to the first Voltron bike - fast, completing all laps and nothing blowing up!

Anyone saved a copy of the audio streams for both races? I missed them streaming live.

Attachments

• efxc-2-SWANN14_3_R17.pdf
    591.4 KB · Views: 77
Rodney64 said:
Thanks for the live feed Mark. link to race times below

http://www.computime.com.au/meetings/20 ... edule.aspx

No prob's Rodney, forgot about the time difference so was not at home for the second race and couldn't get my phone to stream the audio, a shame there is no video but it's all we have, will get up early to try to record the first race tomoro Maurice, can't make the second

Attached are results of the 3rd race of the weekend & first race of Sunday, the last day of racing for this meet.

Voltron Evo continues its winning streak, coming first again and running fastest on all 4 laps.

The bike looks to be shaping up as both quick and reliable. That's progression!

I wouldn't be surprised to hear they have more power to unlock in the bike as testing and tuning continue.

Attachments

• efxc-3-SWANN14_3_R18.pdf
    591.8 KB · Views: 68
Final race of the weekend, Voltron wins again.

Results attached.

Can't wait to see some footage!

Well done guys!

Attachments

• efxc-4-SWANN14_3_R35.pdf
    587.1 KB · Views: 64
Well done guys, not bad result for the bikes first race outing... :wink: how's the motor and controller temps CHRiS?

KiM

Congratulations. A stunning result for a maiden outing. Well done Chris and the rest of the Voltron team. It's been an inspiration watching via Endless Sphere your progress through Voltron 1 and onto Voltron 2. It's very impressive to come out of the box with a win. I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend and look forward to future developments.

Cheers
Giles

Thanks guys! Yep, a very successful weekend. Reliable, fast and starting to handle better as we get to tweak the suspension. We missed Friday practice due to the electrical scrutineering issues, but once sorted we were confident of some good times.

After the first day of racing, Ripperton said that he'd dropped a tooth on the front for more drive down low. We added three for more top end :) It's a fricking rocket. Pottz had the bike's front wheel about 25 mm off the track the whole way down the straight after we brought the ramp rate right up and maxed out the torque limit (600 Nm at launch). After Sunday morning's race we had about half a pack left, and the motor was still warm. What better time to Dyno it!

184 horsepower in the archaic scale, or about 140 kW, as expected :D Could probably push more out of it if the battery was full and the motor was cooler, but that's enough for now, I think.

She's still a big girl to steer, but we can make it go faster with some good racing bits. We have the option of building another 2p pack, but I doubt we'll have the time.

Abraham - the motor windings aren't getting above 105'C which is where de-rating would start. I don't want them to exceed 130'C as things start to brake down more rapidly at this point.

Massive massive massive thanks to Mike O'Hanlon for getting us here, Danny Pottage for agreeing to ride the thing, Daryl and Warren for the accommodation, my parent's for the use of their 4x4 and trailer to get the bike and to the eFXC organisers. It was a cracker of a weekend :D

Yeah it was a great experience seeing the bike in the flesh and meeting Jonescg. Was a great way to show people that electrics are coming to topple the gas bikes soon. Congratulations again on getting the bike all sorted, running and for doing it in such a great way.

Dyno run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2ZdL7mD7x8&feature=youtu.be

Wow.

WOW!

I assume you are winning effortlessly and just trying somehow not to crash the rocket? Did the race feel like some form of cheating where you could only defeat yourself by crashing or having an unexpected mechanical failure? You did it my friend, you made the rocket you wanted and worked so hard to create!

Congratulations! Excellent build and I'm sure that victory is tasting pretty d@mn sweet right now after all the hard work. 140kW is also very, very impressive. :shock: What ended up being the overall capacity of the pack?

John in CR said:
600Nm and 140kW :shock: You have every right to be a proud papa, congrats!
Rear wheel numbers right?
My Diy Zero is 501nm peak rear wheel & 35.5kw not 140 KW :shock: That must be like riding a rocket. It would accel like my bike but for ~2.5x higher top speed!
Congrats Jonescg That's an amazing bike!

Below is a link to Sundays racing. Voltrons race is near the end at: 53.00

Race 4

You can see the torque in the way Danny the rider has his leg back. Maybe it's just his riding style.

http://new.livestream.com/itvl/events/3130238/videos/55165632

Great to meet you in person, Chris!
Congratulations on the clean sweep, great for you to reap the rewards for all the hard work. :mrgreen:

It was great to have so many ES members gathered over the weekend, and to put some faces to the names.

Here's a shot I took during the dyno runs:

I might start a thread about the Electric Superbike series, so we can post photos about all the machines and some background info without polluting your build thread!
- Andy

Congrats to Chris and Pottz for the 4 wins
kudos for pulling this build off and hitting the ground running with the bike not missing a beat all weekend.
Cant wait for Andy to finish the Saturday afternoon video, that was some of the most full-on racing Ive had.
See if you can get that thing to go around corners now Chris. :mrgreen:

Back