Kepler Bottom Bracket Friction Drive For Sale (Finally)

Bump for another interested member here

Looking to build up a weight weenie chinese carbon 29er with semi slicks for the wife

Hi Kepler, i tried reaching out to you but i know its a crazy time and you probably don't have any more of these at the moment so for the time being i am going to do a bit of jury rigging my own fixed system just so i can do a bit of test and tune until these become available again...mainly to familiarize myself with the vesc system and sort out throttle and or pas system

If i want to temporarily use some existing 13s shark packs i have, do you think 190kv motors would work best? looks like the flipsky mini vesc is safe up to 13s, on all the motors i have looked at the high range is listed at 12s...i am not too familiar with these RC motors but i am assuming it should not be a huge deal? thanks in advance

Manbeer said:

Looking to build up a weight weenie chinese carbon 29er with semi slicks for the wife
Take a look at 2 Speed Xiongda hubmotor. It's not a weight weenie, but 2 speed is a plus.

Ecyclist said:
Manbeer said:

Take a look at 2 Speed Xiongda hubmotor. It's not a weight weenie, but 2 speed is a plus.

thanks for the recommendation, i was actually looking at those for a different build but have a few projects in mind that i am reluctant to file the dropouts on as well as being in flat tire central here and not wanting to get into different tires, tubes etc. I built a family hauler last year that my wife rode along with a trailer filled two kids and strapped with beach gear etc, probably close to 400 lbs fully loaded. i just used a cheap 9c clone DD on it and it was fine but lacked the pull down low and seemed to just be coming alive at unsafe child trailer-ing speeds. that will be getting the xd

Any updates, would really love one or two of these as soon as they become available. Thanks!

hi i made a nice setup that work awsome on a straight road, can reach up to 50km/hrs, also on hills no more than 15% can reach up to 33km/hr with pedal help. the problem its on high angle hills, there is no way for it to work, i have to change shifts on the bike an end up peddaling all the way up with almost no help of the motor an really slow.

have a:
Flipsky FSESC Mini V4 rated 50A
TURNIGY AERODRIVE SK3 - 6374-192KV MOTOR OUTRUNNER rated 80A
An a hailong 48v 12.8ah with BMS rated as 30A continuos discharge. made of lg mh1 3200mah, 13s4p

an running on FOC mode
set 80a on motor
an 30a on battery

any idea what could a change to improve the uphill performance?
(its ugly as hell , but it works :p)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=381T4H5lJiI[/youtube]

What is the current status of this project?
It was featured in the IEEE Spectrum magazine
https://spectrum.ieee.org/a-diy-e-bike-conversion-on-the-cheap

It seems that in spite of logging on Jun 03 2022 4:49am, he hasn't posted since Sep 26 2021 2:38am.
I'm gonna bet they aren't available anymore

Try through Ballarat eBikes.

Back