KTE-18S5-2RX-A schematic

astroboy

100 µW
Does anyone have schematic for KTE-18S5-2RX-A 48v 1500w eBike controller?
Something similar might be useful.
I'm trying to fix issue where eBike display powers on but battery level has no bars (pack is fully charged) and it won't go at all. Doesn't register brake levers either.
Thanks in advance!

Unlikely a schematic exists. There are some partial schematics for assorted controllers over the years posted around the forums, drawn up by users troubleshooting various problems, but they only apply to the specific version of the specific model of that brand of controller. Others may be very similar, but not necessarily identical, possibly still useful for basic testing of some hardware.

However, almost all of the functionality of a controller is within the software in the MCU, and that varies widely, and is pretty much a black box. Only the few open source projects have code available to the public.

As a side note, the battery meter on the display is normally fed from the display's own MCU, not from the controller. If it is a multiple-voltage system, it may be autodetecting the wrong battery type, one of higher voltage than yours actually is, and so thinks yours is empty.

So, some troubleshooting is likely to be needed, so some questions:

Did it ever work correctly?

If so, what happened between the time it worked and the time it didn't?

What voltage is the battery? (a 36v battery will look empty to a 48v controller, and will probalby be low enough even at full charge to engage the controller LVC)

What do you mean by "register brake levers"?

By "not go at all", what input control method are you using? PAS? Throttle? Walk mode (if any)?

What assist mode/level is set in the display, if it uses modes or levels?

What does the manual (if any) say that level requires / does?

Thanks amberwolf for your prompt reply!

The bike used to work just fine. I was attempting to get the headlights working and this probably had had something to do with it :unsure:

To answer your questions:
  • Battery is 52V
  • Brake levers have sensors so that when braking the power to the motor is disabled. There's an icon on the display that appears when this is activated.
  • I'm using the throttle. Level 1 (of 5) is on the display. Level 0 will have same effect (i.e. no power) but unfortunately this isn't the problem.
I made some progress: the 5V supply wasn't working, shorted 78L05 and open 390R 2W fusible resistor, and I fixed that. But unfortunately the ACS758LCB-100B current sense IC and the STM8S105C6T6 MCU are also dead. I've ordered parts and now waiting for them to arrive.

Does anyone have the original firmware for my controller?

I could use one of the open source options, but I'd prefer to stick with the original firmware if possible (for now) to keep the number of things that I'm changing to a minimum.

Back