la Nina rears her ugly head

I normally ride my bike to work, but not in this weather. I drove all last week and probably next week too. I'm glad I'm not working this weekend so I can stay home and make sure my yard, or garage, doesn't flood. We have this drain across our backyard and the drains need to be checked regularly. In the last storm, I had to help my father-in-law clear this drain at 3 am. Luckily, I didn't have work that day. On the clear and dry mornings, I have been able to ride my scooter down to school with my kid. That's been a blast! The school is all down hill from our house, so riding in wet weather can be really dangerous. We ride the brakes half way there.

Detailed Forecast​

Today
Patchy drizzle and fog before 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 67. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Tuesday
A chance of rain after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66. Light west wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Tuesday Night
Rain. Low around 50. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Wednesday
Rain likely before 11am, then a chance of showers after 11am. The rain could be heavy at times. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 57. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 45.
Friday
A slight chance of rain after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.
Friday Night
A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46.
Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 64.
Saturday Night
A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47.
Sunday
A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62.

The green stuff is rain, and the red stuff is Moby rain. Looks like a real soaker to me.

moby rian.jpg

Wednesday
Showers, mainly after 11am. High near 68. East northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Wednesday Night
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 11pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

It's really coming down here now. About 2 inches overnight and some pretty strong winds. I had about an inch from the previous day, so won't need to water the lawn for a while.

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & *********************************************************************************************************:)

So we got 3 inches of rain last night, about 33% of our yearly total. Around here we now have gotten over 24 inches total to date, with more to come. That is on the order of 230% of our yearly total as or this writing. :oop::love:o_O

Detailed Forecast​

Today
Partly sunny, with a high near 60. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Friday
Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 67. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 47. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49.
Sunday
A slight chance of rain after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Sunday Night
A slight chance of rain before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48.
Monday
A slight chance of rain after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62.
Monday Night
A chance of rain, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48.
Tuesday
Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56.
Tuesday Night
Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.
Wednesday
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52.

So far for this rain season, I measured 40.1". And more is on the way.
21-22 season: 28.4"
20-21 season: 10.5" - yikes!, no wonder there were so many fires.
19-20 season: 22.9"
Average around here is about 35"

Pineapple moisture stays near Hawaii. Hopefully it will keep feeding storms as they hit the west coast.

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & *********************************************************************************************************:)

Back