Lime Bike battery fire

A 3rd playah has been approved for the Calgary market, I forget the name but its a black scooter with yellow lettering.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6639675/e-scooters-calgary-2020-new-rules/
Canadian e-scooter company Roll confirmed to Global News it will be launching in Calgary and Edmonton this year after a successful launch in Kelowna in 2019.

he City of Calgary says riders will have access to new Share & Go zones intended to be used as your go-to place to find an e-scooter — and the best spot to leave one after a ride.

“Share & Go Parking Zones help to ensure your shared e-scooter is not inhibiting other people using the sidewalk,” the city states on its website. “If no Share & Go parking zone is available, e-scooters can be parked upright on sidewalks in line with bike racks, trees or trash bins.”

So far, I have seen the scooter parked where they usually are, in the middle of the sidewalk. I havent seen no scooter parking zones yet but I rarely go downtown anymore.

In Montréal they were called Jump. From UBER that had a licence to rent them in the city. This springtime they had not reappeared. In the news today: Someone have seen hundreds of them in a scrapyard 30km from Montreal. The scrapyard operator said he couldn't sell any of them because he had a contract of confidentiality and had to destroy them all.

The SF Examiner had an article on that too. Apparently the city was going to go after the scooters due to violating regulations concerning sidewalk obstruction. Then, the bikes (called Jump) were all sent to the dump, and the mechanics and staff lost their jobs. Scrapping the bikes was dumb. They could have pulled the electronics off and donated the bikes to charities. I'm sure they could have recycled or sold the electrics too. The way some companies do business, it's stupid. All about the money. Social responsibility is irrelevant.

Its a liability issue thats why they demolish them.

It'd be nice to get a hold of them, if not just for the battery and motors.

What "social responsibility"? LOL

These outfits don't even do right by their investors.

To much megabucks sloshing around looking for any possibility of ROI no matter how unlikely even scammy the setup.

The losses funded by our tax systems. . .

Back