"Lithium Bicycle" branded Cargo Bike

Micatech

1 µW
Hi,
There is a company in Australia named "Lithium Bicycle". I own one of their Cargo Bikes and have a couple of issues and wondering if there is anyone out there that can shed any information or help.

1) The speedo is way out and I dont know how to get into where I can change settings to fix.
2) The pedal assist is way to much and I dont know where I can change settings to fix.
3) I have contacted the company and tried to obtain or even buy a user guy with no luck. They wont even sell me one!!

Link to bike :- https://lithiumbicycle.com.au/produ...o-ebike-with-18-inch-heavy-duty-tubeless-tire

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We're a DIY ebike builder forum, so this isn't the best place to ask about specific prebuilt bikes.

Before you are properly helped, we need to ID the components in question.. most importantly, what controller do you have? maybe we have experience with it, but probably now

If i was in this position ( no support from the vendor ), i'd replace the original controller with one that's programmable, documented, and popular so that you can either get support from us ebike builders. I might also replace all the accessories with ones that line up w/what the controller expects, instead of trying to reuse what exists.

Hi,
Thank you very much for your response. I totally agree with you replacing controller and all ancillaries. A couple of year ago I build my own with a BBSHD and it was heaps of fun tuning it to what I want. I really enjoyed it.

The only thing I need to do is to make sure the controller I buy will work happily with the hub motor I have. I have attached a pic of the hub motor and not sure if the numbers mean anything as I have had no experience with hub motors. Are they all different or is there a few main types etc?

If you can help me with choosing the right controller I will have heaps of fun again!! I tend to prefer for a quality product rather than a cheap product.

Thanks again

Attachments

• Hub 20240728_123940.jpg
    Hub 20240728_123940.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
VESC controllers should work with basically everything, and can even run a bike well with sensorless mode ( with a loss of initial torque ) if needed. The phase and hall wires don't even need to be lined up, the controller will figure that out for you.

I'm having very good luck with a VESC, see more info on this thread:
Successor to the infineon clone controllers in the 1000-2000w power range?

I'm currently pairing this with a standalone cycle analyst as a screen. There are a couple VESC displays out there but i don't know what's good.

Once again, thanks for the VESC recommendation. I have spent several hours reading all about them and I think I will go down that route. I need to do a bit more reading. They look good though.

I will start tracing out the wiring of existing setup as I cant find my controller for sale (some are similar) so I don't know what all the wires do. I have attached a pic of existing controller. Have you ever heard of them? any tips to obtain schematic for it?

Attachments

• 20240731_162246.jpg
    20240731_162246.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Back