LK-99 -- Room Temperature Super Conductor

Wierd, but when I read the title in the list of new threads to read, I saw "LK-99 Temperature Sensor Motor Help". :lol:

Will be very interesting to see if this pans out, but unless there is something in the original manufacturing process or materials that wasn't correctly documented, and has not yet been discovered independently, I'd guess that based on the various falsified data / etc reports about information from the group(s) involved that it isn't real.

If it *is* real, and can be replicated, it looks like common enough elements in it to be in widespread use eventually.

Speculation:

However, it also seems to be a crystal structure, and may not be drawable like wire. No large amounts have been created to test mechanical properties, but if it is crystalline like this it probably won't be suitable for large-scale electrical usage where it could do the most good (like mains-transmission power lines, transformers, etc), but rather could be something for small-scale electronics use (like leads from dies inside power-control devices (FETs, IGBTs, etc), that presently hamper technology in various use cases, where lead resistance is higher than internal device resistance, etc.

Have to wait and see if it's replicable, and if so, what all of it's properties are, and if variations can be made that are still usefully conductive while also being mechanically useful.

Back