LMX 64 : Freeride Ebike with dual drive and torque sensor

Hey Adam what’s with the extra cover over the motor ? I liked the exposed motor better but just my opinion.

Hi Adam- I am also interested in your new 64 series. Will you sub the current forks for Fox 36? Also, I am curious about the top speed, range and noise level. Assuming the noise level is a lot lower then your past bikes I am pretty interested.

Cheers,

Brian Holbrook

We don't have good prices for fox products. I will check again but you will find better prices on online sales.
It's possible for us to provide the bike without forks if you like.

Best regards, Adam

Thanks Adam. This is the fork I have in mind:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192699247645

And rear shock

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F142959222506

What is the top speed?

Thanks,

Brian

Cowardlyduck said:
Still no mention of top speed....we all seem to want to know....as long as it's not less than 50kph I think most will be happy.

Also, is it possible to use a belt instead of chain? That would make it quieter.

Cheers

to run a belt you would need to have the swingarm seat stay unbolt able and it would not be as strong, (otherwise how would the belt come on off) ..

file.php

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
to run a belt you would need to have the swingarm seat stay unbolt able and it would not be as strong, (otherwise how would the belt come on off) ..

file.php
Yeah, I guess the frame design doesn't allow it. :(

My only gripe with this bike is the noise...but it's something I'm prepared to live with given everything else about it is fantastic.

I also don't really know how loud it is...so may not be as big of a deal as I'm fearing.

I wonder if it's easy to swap out the sprockets to larger/smaller sizes and if that would help with the noise?

Cheers

We are still waiting on the 14t sprokets so I can not say yet we found the solution to that. It is not that bad, a lot less than a GNG style or cyclone Anyway it is our main improvement focus.

Here some fresh pics of a matte black 64 with orange stickers.
This one is setup wuth a thumb throttle and left hand grip shift as Lucas prefers that. He likes to ride with the SAS wheels and 2.4" DH tires, flat pedals.

View attachment 1

P1000501.jpg

Normal setup with thumb shifter and half twist slim throttle

P1000519.jpg

The flip chip the serial version will be anodised

P1000513.jpg

We found some tricks to reduce sproket noise.
Microphone in the vidéo pics more noise than actual, see for exemple when I click speeds.
Now comparable to a geared hub motor or dirty Bosch cx Drive on comparable power.
[youtube]GJTRYV8Qqx4[/youtube]

Well done guys. The lower the noise - the more the customer.., simples! Less noise on chain drive systems is the holy grail in RnD.

Thanks for the updates :D

Already posted it just above ;)
We are now testing an improved version and will check the durability over the next few weeks, to see how long it lasts.
Hopefully as long as the sprocket, but anyway it is an independent part we added and can be changed.

Adam

Woops.. refreshing the browser before posting would be smart :roll:
Anyways.. great result with the noise reduction.
Are you still on track to deliver in March 19?

Hi Adam
Great bike. You know what I’ld like to see. A video of the bike without using the pedals. To see how long it lasts and if you can still climb those paths. Would be really interesting to see.

I second the request. I get that the main treat of the bike is the combined power from legs and motor, but to see what the e-system can do on its own would be very helpful, to get an overall idea.

No problem I can make a video of that.

The motor and controllers are up to a lot of power continuously, the main limiting factor is the battery, with 5P of 35E cells pusing more than 0.5-1C average (1 to 2h ride full to empty) is asking for trouble. With 30Q cells it would be less of an issue but then the capacity drops also. We are working with some customers to fit a dual battery setup on this bike for max power.

About the kit orders, we have stock on both thumb and slim half twist throttles so we can deliver both.

Adam

Around 55kph on the GPS.
That is without any field weakning.
Yes the black powdercoat and your choice of stickers colors is included in the price. Custom paints with any tint you want are possible but extra $$.
Best regards,
Adam

As requested, we made some video of trail riding without pedalling. Rider is Tom, one of the interns (motorcycle assembly and maintenance) at LMX. He has been with us since August and will stay 3 years total.

[youtube]CJQTDR9y3Ek[/youtube]

Back