LMX 64 : Freeride Ebike with dual drive and torque sensor

bzhwindtalker said:
Should be pretty easy to do on the cnc+manual lathe as long as we manage to center the wheel perfect.
Imho chain wheels are not very good in keeping the chain where you want it. Grooved rollers are much better in that perspective. I don't know if this is something to note for your application.

bzhwindtalker said:
I've just checked and 180mm should be just enough with no spacers and zero stack headset.
Adam

Thanks for checking!

Regarding replacement fork, what size are the Halo 27.5" wheels? Boost 15x110 or standard 15x100 ?

They have different adapters available, standard is 15x100, but we get them in 20x110 for use in RST forks.
15x110 boost adapters are also available from Halo but we do not stock them.

Adam

I published some article about the video shoot, with video now live!

https://lmxbikes.com/en/blog/shooting-at-the-salagou-spot-with-fred-austruy-and-the-lmx-64-b10.html

Fantastic video... can't wait to get me one of these bikes..

Was thinking of asking if I could buy one without fork, brakes and tires, but all these new standards make me crazy..
15x100, 15x110, 15x110 boost, 20x110, 20x110 boost...lol Think I better buy a complete bike and upgrade gradually.. I would really like this bike with Fox 36 or Rockshox Lyrik fork, Magura MT7 brakes, and Maxxis 2.8 tires... and maybe a fancy rear shock :shock:

This summer is gonna rock :D

Thanks about the vidéo !
If you want a specced up build right away , can figure that for you. We have acces to all Sram/rockshox parts. On test bikes we use guide RE from Sram because the master cylinders are reversable. It's great for tests with riders used to right hand/left hand rear brake, just swap the levers around. The trp with 2.3mm discs are also very good in power and heat management. We tested mt5 a few times, but we dont like the plastic master cylinders spongy feel and strengt.
Adam

bzhwindtalker said:
We tested mt5 a few times, but we dont like the plastic master cylinders spongy feel and strengt.
The MT4 doesn't have that problem, but is not dual piston...I use one on the front of my Fighter, with an MT2 on the rear. I will probably go this combo again on the LMX.

What size rear disc works best with the rear sprocket? Are we locked into 203mm?

Cheers

you have deactivated watching the video from websites :wink:
even your own dont work :D

Video nicht verfügbar
Die Wiedergabe auf anderen Websites wurde vom Rechteinhaber des Videos deaktiviert.

bzhwindtalker said:

https://lmxbikes.com/en/blog/shooting-at-the-salagou-spot-with-fred-austruy-and-the-lmx-64-b10.html

Merlin said:

Video nicht verfügbar
Die Wiedergabe auf anderen Websites wurde vom Rechteinhaber des Videos deaktiviert.

bzhwindtalker said:

Works fine on my laptop and mobile ?

bzhwindtalker said:
Merlin said:

Video nicht verfügbar

bzhwindtalker said:

Works fine on my laptop and mobile ?

I get the same notification on your webpage. Works fine on youtube..

bzhwindtalker said:
Ok, strange. I know some songs always get blocked from youtube in Germany ad few other country for some reason. I will check into it.
i couldn't watch it on your site too and then watched it on youtube. i live in kazakhstan.

nice bike and nice riding btw..

Will there be a final spec on this bike?
Suspension travel, weight (with final spec), top speed, etc..
What battery cell will be standard?
Frame size recommendations?
And pictures of production bike and different sticker sets?

You must be closing in on the serial LMX 64. Really looking foreward to see the first production bike for customer delivery:)

First frames should be done this week.
Sexy production photos coming... :)

Full specs is on first page. Suspension travel is 160 or 180mm depending if you use a 200x57 or 200x50mm shock.
Geometry is as attached for size L.

Frame size L for riders over 173-175cm and M size under that. I'm 172cm and the M feels just about right, maybe a little small but it depends on your riding style also.

screenshot-cad.onshape.com-2019.01.18-15-11-47 (1).png

Adam

Thanks
Looking foreward to the sexy photos:)

Will the electronics be waterproof (except the battery)?
It's importent to be able to remove the battery and wash the bike with a garden hoze.

Will the electronics be from Nucular?

The controller and display are from Nucular.

About waterpoofing,

We added some covers and holes for water escape, and we had time to test and refine it on the two prototypes since October last year. Now there is a plastic part that goes under the battery and protects the controller, and hides the wiring. We also added more silicon to the controllers, changed the position of the neoprene foams that are used to keep the controller from moving under the motor, on the first proto they provoked some water build up in front of the controller.

The Nucular have conformal coatings on the boards that protect in case of water inside the case.

We should have received some parts Monday to finish the first frames welding but they got delayed in customs... probably here tomorow. Then I can show some more and fully welded frames ;)

Here is some photos of the swing arm with correction tool of the frame, frame welding tool missing the headtube part.
All tube and sheet bending tools are done and validated

P1020693.jpg
P1020701.jpg
P1020705.jpg
P1020794.jpg
View attachment 1
P1020803.jpg

Welding tool for the frame is 90% done, just waiting on the conical headtubes to machine the HT locating part

unbelievable, the work behind this aluminium frame is incredible , you really need to be very good of what you doing, I have a lmx steel frame and even those are smart built ,resistant, light, good aesthetics

Beautiful frame! Great conductor and beautiful welding! How do you bend oval pipes? What are the bearings in the swingarm axis?

ferum said:
What are the bearings in the swingarm axis?

Think I've read they upgraded all bearings to SKF bearings. Should last time lifetime of the bike.

Back