LMX P2 : Freeride trials motorcycle frame development

Yes our goal with those kits is to go around 38.4 shipping restrictions by having the cells and connecting hardware separate, keeping the assembly complexity and tool set to a minimum on the customer side.

bzhwindtalker said:
Yes our goal with those kits is to go around 38.4 shipping restrictions by having the cells and connecting hardware separate, keeping the assembly complexity and tool set to a minimum on the customer side.

Any update on the 161 with pedals :D :lol:

Just a quick idea: Would it not be clever to install some mini mini mini, really small pedals? :mrgreen: I don´t know what the law sais about the dimentions of a pedelec-crankset in europe, but indeed you need to have one. But it doesnt says how big they need to be :mrgreen: :pancake: :mrgreen: :lol:

New 60mm/0.35mm laminations motors arrived.
Looking at it, the LMX 161 would fit a 75mm stator easy!!

Adam

Attachments

• IMG_20170418_114631.jpg
    IMG_20170418_114631.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 9,035
  • IMG_20170418_114316.jpg
    IMG_20170418_114316.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 9,035
  • IMG_20170418_113801.jpg
    IMG_20170418_113801.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 9,035
thats the best of the so called "big block" motors now on earth^^
PS: more important are the lams of the stator, but nice to see the rotor got improved too

What do you mean with lams madin?

madin88 said:
thats the best of the so called "big block" motors now on earth^^
PS: more important are the lams of the stator, but nice to see the rotor got improved too
Stator and rotor lams are probably cut from same sheet, because of economical reasons, to reduce waste.

Do you have drawsize of the 50 to 100mm motor stator?
Only the 60mm have 3,5mmlayer?
Thank

LMX 161 complete for a german customer

lmx-36.jpg

lmx-32.jpg

I want that frame! Hook a USA brother up! I will probably buy your old one since i'm poor but I want one definitely

edit: looks like you sold out of your steel frame kits?

this. is. art.

DasDouble said:
this. is. art.

Yes unfortunately this now falls into the dreamers category for most people because who is going to spend this much for a bike.

I myself am extremely disappointed that they are no longer producing the steel frames since it would have been the only thing I could afford, website is now sold out and only offering the $3000 aluminum frame. I am getting my company bonus soon an was really looking forward to trying the steel LMX...but not anymore

Skeetab there is always Qulbix 76 for you. Do a mid drive on that. Steel frame so you can cut and weld anyway you like.

76R middrive build:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=87262

skeetab5780 said:
DasDouble said:
this. is. art.

Yes unfortunately this now falls into the dreamers category for most people because who is going to spend this much for a bike.

I myself am extremely disappointed that they are no longer producing the steel frames since it would have been the only thing I could afford, website is now sold out and only offering the $3000 aluminum frame. I am getting my company bonus soon an was really looking forward to trying the steel LMX...but not anymore

Im talking about the design, not the price. :)

skeetab5780 said:
DasDouble said:
this. is. art.

Frame is 2500€ incl 20% VAT and that includes the motor, complete transmission and complete back wheel along with all plastics, footpegs and headset also included.

Here is a small comparaison for you :

Q76R price with moto seat :744€ https://qulbix.com/qulbix-products/diy/frame-kits/76-moto-frame-kit
Their hub motor with back wheel laced : 630€ https://qulbix.com/qulbix-products/diy/electric-motors/e-motor-kit-3
Headset : 12-20€
CNC footpegs 25€ + DIY mount (€€?)
Front and back fenders 60€

Total 1470€ for another etank (copyright HagopT)

Also check prices for bikes from HPC and neematic for exemple, easily over 10K

adam

skeetab5780 said:
DasDouble said:
this. is. art.

Yep i would imagine to be commercially viable then that's about what it would cost. -bearing in mind there are now plenty of mass produced frames built using cheap labour, yet each of THESE frames are hand built by skilled people, that actually care about every weld and what they are doing.

Ive been on a similar path and built some race bike frames like the Joby bike runs, they are not wildly different to this, and also similar money.
After making about 8 of them myself, by hand, i figured it was not really viable financially when i could be packing shelves at a department store for far less hours, better conditions and a better rate of pay. -weird i agree, but im afraid that's how it is.

Well done Adam on finding a way to press on with producing such a high end item in today's competitive market dominated by lame quality low cost mass production.
Fine work.
A bit flat out ATM but we'll speak soon on the motor side of things. :wink:

Hello toolman
You do amazing diy bike,but on ES threat we cant find much information about your creations,its can help we and learn
Thank
Ps:how can i get a joby jm1?

bzhwindtalker said:
skeetab5780 said:
DasDouble said:
this. is. art.

Frame is 2500€ incl 20% VAT and that includes the motor, complete transmission and complete back wheel along with all plastics, footpegs and headset also included.

Here is a small comparaison for you :

Q76R price with moto seat :744€ https://qulbix.com/qulbix-products/diy/frame-kits/76-moto-frame-kit
Their hub motor with back wheel laced : 630€ https://qulbix.com/qulbix-products/diy/electric-motors/e-motor-kit-3
Headset : 12-20€
CNC footpegs 25€ + DIY mount (€€?)
Front and back fenders 60€

Total 1470€ for another etank (copyright HagopT)

Also check prices for bikes from HPC and neematic for exemple, easily over 10K

adam

Dont get me wrong I still want one! It just will never happen now. At first glance the LMX 161 base frame kit picture shows nothing but the frame and a shock, but then when you click on it; it tells a detailed list of accessories included. Picture should probably be changed...Does the shock come with the frame kit?

madin88 said:
bzhwindtalker said:
also the samples of wider motors with 0.35mm laminations should get here soon :p
sounds awesome!
We had to redesign the whole linkage to fit needle bearings because the ball bearings did not survive the first rides :oops: Good thing is the load rating is now 10x higher with the needle bearings.
the lifetime of the needle bearings used for the horst link supension on my Votec frame wasn't that long (size was 14x10x10mm IIRC). it is much better as ball bearings, but still not optimal for suspension linkages.

I have swapped the needle bearing for igus iglidur anti friction bushings, and it works really well!
it is the same material as huber uses for his special damper bushings: http://huber-bushings.com/

I have been working on a version of the linkages with iglidur Q dry bearings, it can get the cost down and I like the idea of reduced and easier maintenance. I we will test it on both our test bikes.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUMsQsJgNmB/

bzhwindtalker said:
I have been working on a version of the linkages with iglidur Q dry bearings, it can get the cost down and I like the idea of reduced and easier maintenance. I we will test it on both our test bikes.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUMsQsJgNmB/

For the horstlink i took the iglidur "J" which is, from what i know the same type as huber bushings.
I think the "Q" is a good choice for that linkage, but there are soooo many different kinds available :)

Just finished this guy :)
Wheelbase is 3cm longer than a Specialized Demo. Ultra handy. Weight with 80V is 32.4kg, Batterybox and controller (Lebowski 12FET) support up to 120V / 200Amps. Motor size up to 160mm diameter. Very progressive rear suspension with 235mm travel. Geometry changeable by a single screw. Frame is from carbon fiber and 7075Al. Huge steering angle (more than the Demo8 for very tight turns. Supports forward and reverse driving. I am just working on the combined rear brake / motor recuperation break. Actually running a tuned RV100 Pro at 7kW - 87 Km/h flat 62 km/h at 22% (GPS measured) . Building a 15kW pancake motor currently.

Attachments

• eFx1.jpg
    eFx1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 7,034
Back