Loaded Vanguard 2015 Dual VESC / Rear 12S

OMG ! seems we are DIY builder brothers. I am also building a E-Trampa :D

Can't wait to see your enclosures and home made mounts. I went with Jens one and will be using two vescs/12S 5AH (I had these lipos on my desk...to measure some mAH consumption or Amps peaks) on a Holy Pro 35.

15AH 12S !!! waouw ! how heavy is that ? 6x800 grams ? wow !

It's gonna be heavy but the RAAAAANGE my goal :D I ordered Trampa 35 long, It arrived this week, but I'm gonna see it on saturday when I get home. I thought about holy pro for a while but more "classy" look and more space on the deck to mount things were the factors that decided :D I think to use similiar cases as no-wind to make E-Trampa waterproof, will go easy way this time. The VESCs from jamesonotc should be on their way, EMAX GT5345/09 170KV motors too. Are You going chain or belt drive? (I chose chain)

chain drive too, I was really pleased on Jens kit; the machining is impressive and it's plug and play. There's not a lot of DIY stuff on my build except the assembly ! but this thing is gonna rock my pants! keep me posted on your build !!!!

okp said:
chain drive too, I was really pleased on Jens kit; the machining is impressive and it's plug and play. There's not a lot of DIY stuff on my build except the assembly ! but this thing is gonna rock my pants! keep me posted on your build !!!!

Yeah it looks super nice and well thought, mine is gonna be a little bit simplier in form I think. Gonna post build thread when I finish, I'm not good at documenting my work progress; I'm just too busy with work and forget to snap photos of what I do :D I consider this build as easier than boosted vanguard one. The hangers of trampa trucks are square on cross section It makes machining mounts ona a manual mill a LOT easier. Bet Your E-trampa will be awesome! The coincidence of our builds similiarity is hilarious. What motors are You going with?

This is my first FOC implementation on 12S Dual Rear and Nunchuck NRF. Sorry for the quality, I just filmed this... FOC just remove literally the sound of the motor !

[youtube]HGdswPPROWs[/youtube]

OKP - looks great and love how quiet it is!

Have you noticed any major differences since going to FOC? Supposedly a bit more efficient, slightly better torque, but less top speed? (says some of the e-bike gurus - not sure if will be noticeable on e-board).

Nice vids as always! Have a great 2016!!!

in fact, the board is already quite using BLDC :D I am using an external VideoMic microphone to capture the sound and nothing has been edited, sound is raw!

I was running FOC with the NFR v1 nunchuck but it is acting weird. I was going for FOC PPM, but just before the ride it went full throttle... for no reasons; so I went back quickly to my good old BLDC configuration which is acting ultra fine!

IMG_4632-e1451651173101.jpg

Best wishes for 2016 sl33py !

it's a Z1 Evolution from Zhiyun

I added a VideoMic Go and the sound is way better, I used to remove the skateboard sound/noise on my videos but now I keep it as it brings a better perception of the environnement.

You may also want to look at the DJI Osmo which is also nice, quite young (some bugs) but it worth it. The angle of depth is also not the same.

okp said:
[youtube]5rUz9YQymkc[/youtube]

Super nice ride okp :D It's -10 degrees celcius in Cracow right now :? I ordered new lathe for my trampa build (and other stuff, like titanium rings and other gadgets i do) and waiting for it to arrive, I need to make new motor-shafts. Also I'm struggling with milling channels for motor-mounting screws (which allow to tension chain, like in Jens mount), I'm using 15mm thick aluminium and long, 4mm endmill just tends to flex and vibrate, finish is not nice enough for me. This causes my delay... Riding e-mountainboard on snow, this must be fun! :D

youre a rare person who implemented the FOC, is there a link you found that tells how to set it up? The bldc program is very quiet as you say but I'd like to try the FOC but am blind going in

I was about to write a tutorial for my french forum but didn't get the time to make it happen. Basically here's what you do:
- download BLDC 2.7 FOC (or latest firmware)
- connect your VESC, if the message pops that your firmware is too old, go to Firmware tab and Upload it; and restart/unplug/replug your battery and connect to BLDC tool
- Motor section/Motor Tab : READ CONF
- Motor section/Motor Tab : Configure all your Current Limit according to your battery specs/requirements
- Motor section/BLDC : Put Commutation mode to Delay and run start detection, make sure you don't have any load on your motor shaft (no belts/chains) - WRITE CONF
- Motor section/FOC : Click Measure λ (Motor will spin)
- Motor section/FOC : Click Measure R & L (Motor will make some noise; this last 10 seconds no more) - Values are detected - Click Apply
- Motor section/FOC : Click Calc CC - Click Apply

At this time you got the FOC values calculated. WRITE CONF
- App Configuration section : Configure your App there, READ CONF - choose PPM or whatever you want to use, then WRITE CONF
- Motor section/Motor Tab : select FOC then WRITE CONF

Restart/unplug/replug your battery and have fun with FOC

Of course, don't forget that each time you upgrade firmware, the values are set to default values. Keep an eye on the Realtime data section / Active Sampling and on the Terminal section (commands : faults / foc_state)

Hope it helps.

hello, i wonder if i have to buy BEC for the receiver if i want to use VESC. Can you help me? Thanks

if i am correct here is the right place to connect the receiver (GT2b) and also get power for the receiver?

Attachments

• vesc_vorn_0.jpg
    vesc_vorn_0.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 929
Hello okp

I always found your board amazing, for my next build i'm on route to do something similar on the enclosures. How do you attach the one for the batteries to the board?

Can anyone explain or point me to where I can learn all this VESC ,..VOC ,...BLDC stuff before i recieve my VESC.

:shock:

Back