Loaded Vanguard 2015 Dual VESC / Rear 12S

okp said:
do you guys know if putting two Castle Creation Mamba Max XL v2 in parallel could handle 12S lipo ?

i think you want the esc in series splitting the voltage.

hows the brake sound on the mamba compared to the vesc?

Thanks OKP! Looks very similar to your original video as far as flex goes. I'll go rewatch the first one to compare.

how does it feel to you compared to before? Besides overall flex, does it feel bouncier or have more snap to the flex?

well, compared to the first video (initial flex 3), the feeling was like if the flex was on the whole board, on this video it feels more snappy on the flex and less bouncy. I jump way harder on this one by putting more pressure on the feet. Good news is that I seem to prefer this flex which is less bouncy but more predictable; I would say that the area of flex on the board is more like a rectangle whereas on my first video it was more "spheric".

can't wait to have my electronics to try this electric powered !

that looks awesome!

I need more time to finish my own build!

Do you have a foto with mounted motors and cases?

thanks, not yet; my VESCs need some troubleshooting which is going to be done soon :D

if you want IMO the best DIY look, check this : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=73230

especially because Squad went DIY the full way with a top notch result !

editing the videos; but in one word : amazingly-awesome.

1445168517-yooo.jpg

wohoo, nice!! was it scary on the vanguard? stock caliber bushings?

p.s.: with that speed, you probably went for 15/36T gearing? skipped through the 7 pages, but didnt find what gearing you wanted to go in the end.

not at all, in fact the vanguard with CF is just as awesome as my Flypan. Blood Orange and Venom Bushings

I have to check which gearing I had put because I ordered 14T and 15T.

Ultra fast edit, I also put the raw footage at the end so you can enjoy the sound of ... VESC! This thing is ultra smooth maybe too much for me because I am used to the brutality of my other setup !

[youtube]o2SBE9G6vbM[/youtube]

vimeo : https://vimeo.com/142794182

awesome board, nice video, beastie boys wohoo! :)

dont you miss the concave of the fibretec? after spending some time and quite some kilometers with my top speed, the evolve carbon feels "flat" to me. really missing the "locked in" feel of the landyachtz for carving!

well, I did a ride this afternoon with the fibretec and it's really awesome. Even if it's brutal on 12S, I am now used to handle the trigger to make it ultra smooth. I can literally race start anyone on my streets.

I got an upcoming setup with...lots of W concave :D

no specific belt, I just used the dremel to smooth the edge of Torque Mount.

before

IMG_3850.jpg

after

IMG_3851.jpg

IMG_3855.jpg

ah, thats a way I guess! I like the cables facing towards the truck, because theyll be well protected there. I had mine facing towards the board and I lowered the motor position a little to make room for that. your solution is probably better, because youll have more motor clearance. just not sure if I manage to hurt those beautiful mounts. :p

your new project with w-concave? :O

Back