LR Big Block and Luna Cargo Frame

I don't understand why Luna cycles puts out a frame like this, but they wont sell just a regular looking purpose built 68mm BB MTB looking ebike frame?

I feel like that would be the first thing to start with. Id buy one just because... even if I already had a stealth bomber

skeetab5780 said:
I don't understand why Luna cycles puts out a frame like this, but they wont sell just a regular looking purpose built 68mm BB MTB looking ebike frame?
I feel like that would be the first thing to start with. Id buy one just because... even if I already had a stealth bomber

Because this frame is amazing :wink:

100mm is not an issue at all, with a 68mm BB the battery box would be smaller

jpgey said:
100mm is not an issue at all, with a 68mm BB the battery box would be smaller

With a 68mm bottom bracket, you'd have a vastly wider selection of less expensive cranks, and you wouldn't have to pedal like a waddling duck.

Also, the chainline from a 68mm BB matches the 135mm centered rear end on this bike, but the chainline from a 100mm BB doesn't. It is difficult bordering on impossible to get a straight chainline on the Luna cargo bike.

Chalo said:
It is difficult bordering on impossible to get a straight chainline on the Luna cargo bike.

Hello Chalo, you are right, and I think we can get nothing straight on this frame, lol :D
But this is a nice frame

Trying to have a front brake with this IS mount (that is also nothing but straight :lol: )

IMG_20160820_121232.jpg

Edit: some adaptors are coming, can't stay with this crappy assembly

Subscribed !!!
Great Build!!!
May I ask you some questions along the way? WARNING..This is my first ebike build = some basic questions ;).
Please let me know if it's a problem!
I am also going to build a cargo bike. I'm 6'3" and 275 lbs and 62 Y.O....I would like to tow a trailer with my wifes and my own camping gear.

I see tires ...Any info on what rims and tires and why?

Thanks, Alan

For that bike, I highly recommend the Origin8 DAT-PRO 65 rim. It's wide enough for fatbike tires, but narrow enough for MTB and cruiser tires, and it's way stronger than single-walled or drilled-out fatbike rims. Plus, its slightly narrower size buys you more gearing options on a bike that has built-in limitations in that regard.

As for tires, I recommend a smooth treaded tire of at least 2.25" width: Schwalbe Big Apple, Big Ben, Crazy Bob; CST Cyclops, Maxxis Hookworm, Kenda Kraze, Vee Speedster, Origin8 Captiv8r, or Arisun Big Smoothy. The bigger you go within this range, the more it will cost you in speed and chain clearance.

Chalo said:
For that bike, I highly recommend the Origin8 DAT-PRO 65 rim. It's wide enough for fatbike tires, but narrow enough for MTB and cruiser tires, and it's way stronger than single-walled or drilled-out fatbike rims. Plus, its slightly narrower size buys you more gearing options on a bike that has built-in limitations in that regard.

As for tires, I recommend a smooth treaded tire of at least 2.25" width: Schwalbe Big Apple, Big Ben, Crazy Bob; CST Cyclops, Maxxis Hookworm, Kenda Kraze, Vee Speedster, Origin8 Captiv8r, or Arisun Big Smoothy. The bigger you go within this range, the more it will cost you in speed and chain clearance.

I agree, my rims are too wide and I will have somme issue setting up the Big Block (I will get it tomorrow :D )

Do you know guys if it is possible to move the hose to this hole ?
(Magura MT7)

IMG_20160824_191711.jpg

IMG_20160824_191748.jpg

I believe that either hole can be used for a hose (in from the lever, or out to another caliper) or a bleeder bolt.

Chalo said:
I believe that either hole can be used for a hose (in from the lever, or out to another caliper) or a bleeder bolt.

Thanks Chalo, thats what I thought, I will test

jpgey said:
Chalo said:

Unfortunately the screws are not the same size, from lever the size is bigger than the bleeder screw

jpgey said:
jpgey said:
Chalo said:

Unfortunately the screws are not the same size, from lever the size is bigger than the bleeder screw

Boo. I wonder if the smaller size is in common with anybody else's hose fitting?

The Magura brakes I've messed with had the same size fittings on both sides.

Received the LR Big Block !
The CycleAnalyst V3, 100/178 Bottom Bracket and Throttle was stolen, fortunately the controller was in.
I do not understand why people stole things.
France is the champion thief. Chronopost or Colissimo never send you correctly your shipping, it is stolen, broken or both.
Amazing

Ok lets cool down

New toy.
How to use a regular motorbike throttle when you do not have 3D printer ?

OK, so, time to check the right hall/phase combo

First try, right combo but turn reverse :D

Spend hours trying all combinations, write nothing, try one hundred times the same combo, get out for fresh air, get in with hope, try one thousand time the same combo, still write nothing, and finally got it !

Back