Made in Canada, eh?

Nice, but wouldn't something that is FAST and POWERFUL make use from a Triple Tree?
It would balance all that frame bulk for sure and make it LOOK beeeeeeeeefy! :)

Yeah Yeah, Jealous comments! lol
Built this look in my mind a thousand times :twisted:
Great to see my dreams come true! :wink:

Tommy L sends.... \\m//

Doctorbass said:
I like the extanded swing arm and the 20" wheel !!...

are the frame made of aluminum? steel? other?

Doc

Pertty much entire frame is laser cut & welded

The frame is all aluminum
mvly said:
Looks good! More option now if they willing to sell the frame separately. Wonder if it's Cromotor capable. : )

Now we have a lot of choice
1) Maxwell weird ebike frame - not sure if we can get one now
2) Greyborg Warp
3) Phaser Frame
4) This one
5) Convert/DIY

Battery compartment might be a bit cramped for anything super range in the 40+ miles range @ 30mph. Wish they have build frames like motor cycles where you have a hugh hump in front of the crotch area for more battery space.

Getting on the bike would mean putting leg on the rear, but I think it's worth it if you can make it short enough to accommodate all size rider.

We have been able to give it the x5 treatment in a 20"

Man what a nice stable ride with 20", without wheeling you off the bike

Brake and suspension work nicely too

Steveo

ES member kriskros going for his test ride

Attachments

• securedownload[1].jpg
    securedownload[1].jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,443
Careful now! Don't let it get to Vandy's head.. He's liking all the attention these days :p

nicobie said:
Looks promising!

Think the frame will take a Schlump drive?

This is an interesting crank, I believe the extended shaft version will work with this frame. The crank set is 84mm.

Any idea on total weight? I like that the frame is aluminum!!

Just got back from Impulse where I had the chance to test ride one of their creations. I came away thoroughly impressed with the bike and the engineering that went into building it. In fact, the only thing that impressed me more than the bike were the people behind the project. There is some serious talent here folks! They let me know that they were willing to configure whatever my idea of the perfect build would be. Awesome experience all around. Next time I visit I may even try out Vandy's electric skateboard (yes thats some serious 'stache)!
John

Any performance data??

I should really let the fellas at Impulse chime in here, but I will say that they can build the bike in almost any configuration you want so the performance is gonna vary alot between applications. This means pretty much any hub motor, any battery and any controller can be mixed and matched to suit your own needs. Contact IMPULSE and I am sure they can come up with something for you. The bike I rode was an early prototype (used for many demos) with a 3540HS motor running on 100v and limited to 20a if I remember correctly so longer run times and cooler motor temps were the order here. I was impressed and I come from a motorcycle background (and many years spent on the Ontario Cup circuit racing mtb's and cyclocross).

Awesome! How much for the bare frames??

Whiplash said:
Any idea on total weight? I like that the frame is aluminum!!

It's about 16-17lbs with no fork, no shock, no crank

The bare frame ? That's not too bad really pretty light...

Yes, the bare frame

So complete bike around 75-80?

Yes, depending on motor and battery size

Yeah I was figuring around 20AH of 18s lipo.. One of these packed to the gills with nano techs and a Cromotor would be a Stealth killer!

cheecheman said:
Does anybody know if the price for bare frame will be more or less than the phasor ????

It will most likely be more expensive...its an aluminum frame and requires skilled fabrication. That assembly is the main cost, we'd be happy to provide a box of components for you to weld and assemble yourself. It benefits you more to buy the full bike though, unless you have high quality parts and welding equipment. There is currently only a solid price structure for the fully built bike.

Whiplash said:
Yeah I was figuring around 20AH of 18s lipo.. One of these packed to the gills with nano techs and a Cromotor would be a Stealth killer!

It's already a "**Stealth Killer"! Soon to be a dirtbike/atv killer with the full performance package....I am becoming desensitized to the shear magnitude of speed and acceleration of these bikes, but from the reactions we get I can only assume they are the most powerful bike on the market. :p

**Note: I haven't ridden any other e-bikes other than what we have built and I am writing based solely on word of mouth from test riders, perosnal comparisons to gas powered vehicles and what I have read on the forums.

Saw these ebikes at the BikeExpo last week in TO. Very impressive, but where do you ride them? They can't be legal on bike paths or bike lanes with their speed potential. Salesman said they were legal ebikes, but maybe their introduction has been delayed until their status can be clarified. I didn't see any license plate brackets either.
I agree with the triple tree suggestion, structurally and aesthetically.
Mike

magic carpet said:
Saw these ebikes at the BikeExpo last week in TO. Very impressive, but where do you ride them? They can't be legal on bike paths or bike lanes with their speed potential. Salesman said they were legal ebikes, but maybe their introduction has been delayed until their status can be clarified. I didn't see any license plate brackets either.
Mike

That's like asking "Where do I drive my Ferrari?" We can build a " little sally " bike if you are worried about the excess performance. Each bike is tailored to the end users requirements. This depends on local by-laws mostly and what the local police will tolerate. There is a 32kph speed limit on pedal assisted bicycles. Only the performance package is capable of exceeding these speeds and is considered as an off-road use vehicle. The user is liable for any and all risks taken on any ebike, homemade or otherwise.

The Renegade is meant to look like a bicycle, the triple tree makes it look too much like a dirt bike. The head-tube will accept a triple-tree if you choose to install one. The bike at the show was a software limited experimental prototype for the Trooper; the fleet model by Impulse.

We are in contact with law enforcement to further clarify the law as it pertains to high-speed electric pedal assist bicycles.

Stay tuned in the coming days for an official release from Impulse. Please feel free to contact us for local test drives.

VANDY said:
magic carpet said:
Mike

That's like asking "Where do I drive my Ferrari?" We can build a " little sally " bike if you are worried about the excess performance. Each bike is tailored to the end users requirements. This depends on local by-laws mostly and what the local police will tolerate. There is a 32kph speed limit on pedal assisted bicycles. Only the performance package is capable of exceeding these speeds and is considered as an off-road use vehicle. The user is liable for any and all risks taken on any ebike, homemade or otherwise.

The Renegade is meant to look like a bicycle, the triple tree makes it look too much like a dirt bike. The head-tube will accept a triple-tree if you choose to install one. The bike at the show was a software limited experimental prototype for the Trooper; the fleet model by Impulse.

We are in contact with law enforcement to further clarify the law as it pertains to high-speed electric pedal assist bicycles.

Stay tuned in the coming days for an official release from Impulse. Please feel free to contact us for local test drives.

for example Vandy has a little electric board setup with a little sally 48v lithium battery, which will get him to 32ish km/h ... and go for a very long distance with the 20ah setup..

we call it the "little sally" skateboard... also a chick magnet lol

-steveo

Phil and Shaun,like their bike,top quality people[and you too Joe]...they definitely know what they are doing.... a lot time and effort went into building and designing this machine .. i know, i have watched this bike develop right from its beginning,just great ... mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-f2LWHo2DE

Back