MARBEL ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD

No board yet, may have to kick push the bomb. What app are you guys using for speed and GPS and other?

I've found Strava works and like the UI on android:
Screenshot_2015-08-04-00-06-50.png

Screenshot_2015-08-04-00-07-19.png

Cant they make motors with temperature sensors that can shut down before they over heat?

No vents there is a lid under the grip tape and all electronics are in there. I thought about taking a peak before sending it back but didn't want warranty issues. I would hope it was over engineered to produce much less heat but i haven't been able to say that about the motor.

new vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwCbKqt8TJU

so from what ive seen the marbel board can only maintain a top speed of 20mph which is not even close to the 25mph they advertise. :? :? :?

so that means it will run neck and neck with a boosted board but will probably have slower acceleration and hill climbing ability

I should have my Marbel back on Monday! Signature challenge of course, but i'll see if GF will be home. Probably won't matter as it's crappy out and super wet. While it's "sealed"'ish, i'd still prefer not to soak it. I'm totally ok cleaning some bearings if i get surprisingly wet, but not wanting to douse the board.

I am bigger than average and got my Marbel up to about 19mph in sport. I wasn't pushing it fully since i needed to adjust the bushings (too loose and forgot the tool like a noob). I love the little Phantom tool kit btw for pocket carry for just this reason - just so long as you don't leave it on the table by the door!

if it can keep me going 20mph i'm ok with that. This board is a compromise for the weight (~10lbs). If i want to go fast i have other boards that are much faster. I'm also curious when the 100mm wheels come out if that will make the top speed easier to get to. I know it will tame more of the cracks and bumps which is why i ordered them as well. Since the speed is regulated by the software i wonder if top speed will be easier to achieve even with my heavier weight?

Yes! I just got word that mine should be shipping next week. Did you get tracking and a link to the new shipping system? I am waiting on the 100 mm wheels too.
I'm a big guy too. I hope they have made some serious upgrades to the motor or it will get overworked with my kind of riding. I was wondering why DIY motors seem so much bigger than the Marbel motor or if they have enough control over the manufacturing of the motor to make sure it is bullet proof.
I found this video and it made me a bit concerned that they are overestimating the performance of one motor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EhVnBHUYJs

If the size of the motor matters how is Inboard and Mellow and Stary going to get so much performance out of such small hub motors?
What is the temperature threshold before a motor burns out?
Should I be checking the temperature of the motor with my laser grill thermometer when I stop? What temperature should a motor avoid going over?

I recorded over 20mph on a few rides and up to 23.4 mph on one ride but I may have had a tail wind. I would need to average a few more rides. I don't know if the motor can really handle the demands. I would love to go 25-30mph - not all the time, but I got used to 20mph pretty quickly and pin the throttle all the way down now and it does not seem to go 25. I cranked down the trucks nice and tight (almost too tight) and it wasn't squirrelly at all. I don't think my balls are that much bigger than most but that feeling wether you are a grom at 6mph or a pro at 30mph is the same. I think for many people the thrill is in pushing your own limits no matter what speed you ride. I would love an over engineered motor that can put out more than I can ever ask for but going over 25mph, nothing can fail or you are toast.

The motor isn't completely sealed and only has a fan cap so I wouldn't be riding through any big puddles with it. If water gets in there it will short out the motor right? Thanks.

What lights would you guys recommend. i picked up some Serfas thunderbolt rechargable lights that seem to fit nicely on the truck hanger but i am open to suggestions

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 1,899
  • FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 1,898
I do have doubts with Inboard, Mellow, Stary for users over 200+ lbs. Stary for one is only a single motor. Mellow/Inboard are dual but the motors are small and carrying a 200+ rider load would be a struggle IMO. Sure, if you go up a hill at speed it shouold be fine.

I assume, Marbel is using pretty standard 50mm motors. I'm surprised they didn't even go 63mm for their single knowing they would have countless issues.

Nice lights. I'll have to pick one up.

Hey Torque, I was curious to see the motor you think they use but cant find it on Alibaba. Do you mind posting the link? or search terms i should use? thanks

Snow247365 said:
Hey Bro, how is that Marbel board holding up for you?

Rain Rain and Rain. Love the Pacific Northwest in the fall/winter. Haven't even swapped bearings back yet. If i'd known i was getting the board back for sure, i'd have left them, but in case not i pulled bushings and bearings before sending it back.

If the weather stays decent after work i might try to ride along Alki after work. It'll be dark, but there are some frequent streetlights and it's a bike/walk path so not too bad.

Back