MARBEL ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD

My Marbel has been holding up for a couple of months of Brooklyn riding with no major issues. I'm till waiting on the app. Love the range most of all.

The other day when I was really manhandling it when I pin down the throttle from a stand still , accelerating too quickly it would restart in beginner mode and then it restarted all day but since the next day I have been accelerating normally and have not had any issues. ....weird

I am sure some people are having issues with their Marbel still but
this board is a champ so far.

Yes, I have been able to get at least 10 miles consistently in sport mode and I am a big guy. It is the best part!
I know they still have some growing pains. I have dealt with my fair share of issues at first but the range and performance make up for it. Honestly, I would not be able to use this as much as I do if it has less range. I just wish the app was ready.

I'm not a backer nor do I have a Marbel, but it's a relief to hear something positive about the product!

Not much time to ride mine since it's been soggy lately (and busy). But minus the one nose controller issue (where the power button is), mine has been solid. Again a bigger guy and able to get 10mi in sport mode.

**edit - and they repaired/returned it QUICK. Fixed withing 2 days of receipt and back to me. Lipo shipping meant ~1 week each direction though. Responsive and good support in my book.

Also waiting on the app... might have to go look at their FB page again to see the latest non-update from them.

New Marbel newsletter update:

"100mm Wheels and the App:
As many of you know, for safety reasons, we had to hold off on launching the larger 100mm wheels until we could finish up the smartphone App. We would have loved to push out the larger wheels right away, but if we had forced them out sooner… the braking would have been dull, the acceleration would have been slow, and the top speed would have been WAY too fast (almost 35 MPH)..."

Besides the annoying delays.
does this mean if I ride the 100mm wheels and keep my app settings for the 76 mm wheels I am able to reach speeds close to 35 mph ?

That's sound awesome when you want to fly.
I did not think the same torque on slightly larger wheel would make that much difference .
Can this be true. The wheel only measures .5 inch height difference.

Anyone know how to do the math on that?
How are the other Marbel boards holding up?

Hi

Your speed is just the engine speed * gear ratio * wheel diameter
So it is a direct proportional increase. Increase wheel diameter by 30% = increase speed by 30%

Torque being applied is the same of course but the force that drives you forward will be reduced by the larger wheels by the same proportion:
T = F*R
Therefore F = T/R
So increase your wheel size = decrease the force.

So, you may well be straining the motor with those big wheels on if nothing else is changed.
I know this from personal experience. I have a board with 83mm wheels, as a test I put 97mm wheels on it and went up the same hills. Motor temp increased dramatically.

(Well, that is the way I see it - take with a pinch of salt) :D

The motor has had incredible torque and I have not been gentle with it. I had a few motor issues before but this last one has been taken a beating. Lower temperature may be helping the overheating but it has torque to spare.
So when I get the 100mm wheels Marbel can be the fastest production e-board on the market.
30+ sounds bad-ass to me.
I'm just tired of waiting.

how much faster was it? was it notably faster?

WeeChumlee said:
Hi

Your speed is just the engine speed * gear ratio * wheel diameter
So it is a direct proportional increase. Increase wheel diameter by 30% = increase speed by 30%

Torque being applied is the same of course but the force that drives you forward will be reduced by the larger wheels by the same proportion:
T = F*R
Therefore F = T/R
So increase your wheel size = decrease the force.

So, you may well be straining the motor with those big wheels on if nothing else is changed.
I know this from personal experience. I have a board with 83mm wheels, as a test I put 97mm wheels on it and went up the same hills. Motor temp increased dramatically.

(Well, that is the way I see it - take with a pinch of salt) :D

Hi Snow

I am afraid I cannot say what the increase in top speed was in real life terms as I did not measure the speeds on either wheels.
As far as speed goes I am a whussy anyway and probably never got anywhere near the top speed.
Climbing ability was markedly impaired though.

So not only can you switch setting to get about 35mph with the bigger wheel but if you leave the 76mm wheels on and set the App to the 100mm settings you you will get noticably more torque off the line and beat the boosted dual+ right?.

Hi Snow

Well, as I have no idea what exactly Marbel is going to change I am afraid I cannot answer that.
All settings being the same a smaller wheel will get you off the mark quicker,but have a slower top speed.

WeeChumlee said:
Hi Snow

Well, as I have no idea what exactly Marbel is going to change I am afraid I cannot answer that.
All settings being the same a smaller wheel will get you off the mark quicker,but have a slower top speed.

They haven't changed anything. The board comes with two wheel size options, 76 and 100mm. Some are waiting on the larger size wheel and the app that lets you select the wheel size. It is going to be released next month.
So if I want to ride the 76mm while on the 100 wheel setting it gives you a top speed around 35mph from what they claim....and That's awesome.

I am getting these wheels from amazon I think they fit the Marbel drive gear but a little wide for the belt cover.

Does anyone know how I should lathe 2mm off the side of the wheel to fit my board?

Thanks
71Ca1gRpLEL._SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• 81cMg+K5-nL._SL1500_.jpg
    81cMg+K5-nL._SL1500_.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 892
  • 100-Electric-Blue-Marbel.jpg
    100-Electric-Blue-Marbel.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 892
Snow247365 said:
I am getting these wheels from amazon I think they fit the Marbel drive gear but a little wide for the belt cover.

Does anyone know how I should lathe 2mm off the side of the wheel to fit my board?

Thanks
71Ca1gRpLEL._SL1500_.jpg

Snow - i don't think those wheels will accept the Marbel wheel gear.

Here you can see the "keyed" cutouts to fit the gear in their wheel:
20151010_233350.jpg

And the gear itself:
Marbel--13.jpg

You *might* be able to cut out the notches to fit, but getting them perfectly square/true would be tough by hand. Any error and you'll have some nasty wobble/vibrations i'd bet.

Once you get the gear mounted to a larger wheel, you could turn it down w/ a drill if you can mount it to rotate (seems simple enough with some washers/bolts and threaded rod), and a sharp blade. Lathe like if you don't have a lathe! Nice thing about a softer durometer. Getting it to look perfect might be a bit difficult, but should be passable with moderate care taken.

Let us know what you figure out! GL!

The Marbel board also comes with a 100mm wheel option (the blue one) that won't be released till the end of the March when the app is done. looking at the pictures on the marbel website it seems to have the same hub as the Flywheel I found on Amazon. So I order these red ones in the mean time to see if it fits the Marbel drive gear. Since i already got the 100mm wheels coming through Marbel I order the 83mm but the flywheel hub also comes in a 97 and 107mm.

Marbel's 76mm wheel is 53mm wide
Marbel's 100mm wheel is 50mm wide
the Amazon 83 and 97mm flywheel is 52mm wide $25

If the drive gear fits and if it truly is the same centered hub it should fit by just leaving the belt cover off
Maybe you are right though i don't know if the flywheel has those notches or if it fits in the holes of the hub

100_Electric_Blue_Marbel.jpg

IMG_3820.png

doesn't someone already make a drive gear that fits in the stock flywheel? maybe it will fit on the Marbel truck.

No problem bringing you to a full stop but with only one wheel breaking you need some room to stop.

torqueboards said:
You can always try and file those 4 slots in.
I do look for your posts Torque so I'll ask how you suggest I should file down 4 notches on a flywheel hub for the marbel drive gear before I Immediately dismiss MY ability to do it. I want to be inspired and that is why we are all here. I would totally upgrade to the 107mm monsters or more if we can create some possibilities. NYC streets are beat up. Thanks.

I'm not exactly sure if it works 100%.. But Evolve, Marble, Brakeboard have used these type of 3-4 notch wheels.

Ideally, you can almost use any wheel although.. we are using 63mm motors so smaller wheels would be harder and for an eboard a bigger wheel is better of course.

hd_product_Volante-57mm-Nano-Checker-82a-%28Set-HD%29.png

I know in the past Brakeboard told their customers to file down a flat spot.. So if you an adapter you can just use a file and grind out the profile to match the drive wheel which you are putting on. Of course, for this to be possible it would be better with a longer axle so you can have a bearing on the other side. If you understand what I mean.

Similar to these:
stacks_image_693.jpg

I was thinking about this. Getting one of their belts, or odering one from optibelt-USA.com adjusting the tension and using a 107 mm flywheels. this drive gear is made by enertion boards. I bet this drive gear will fit on my marble. But I would really love some pneumatic wheels to play around with.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 1,884
Back