methods LVC/HVC/Parallel -> documentation thread

cal3thousand said:
Crusher said:
Hi Guys

Just trying to wrap my head around this. With the parallel boards if I had say 4 6S packs could I charge with one 6series charger connected to the board?

If they are all paralled together on one of the detector boards, YES.

It effectively will make your (4) 6S packs into a single 6S pack, but with 4X the capacity. So, if you are using 5000mAh packs, you have a 6S 20Ah pack. Might take a long time to charge depending on your charger. (Which could be a good thing since it keeps them at a lower charge C-rate)

Ok thanks. One more question if I have those 4 batteries connected in series on the discharge end and still having the parallel board hooked up would charging in parallel be the same or would I have to disconnect the series connections. I think I know the answer but wanted to make sure.

Thanks.

Crusher said:
cal3thousand said:
Crusher said:
Hi Guys

Just trying to wrap my head around this. With the parallel boards if I had say 4 6S packs could I charge with one 6series charger connected to the board?

If they are all paralled together on one of the detector boards, YES.

It effectively will make your (4) 6S packs into a single 6S pack, but with 4X the capacity. So, if you are using 5000mAh packs, you have a 6S 20Ah pack. Might take a long time to charge depending on your charger. (Which could be a good thing since it keeps them at a lower charge C-rate)

Ok thanks. One more question if I have those 4 batteries connected in series on the discharge end and still having the parallel board hooked up would charging in parallel be the same or would I have to disconnect the series connections. I think I know the answer but wanted to make sure.

Thanks.

I believe you get sparkles with that combination.

Patrick? Can we get a confirmation?

Anyone know where the info is on the other way to hook the throttle up? I think you hook the controller to one side of the LVC board and the throttle to the other... I think methods told me about it some ware now to find it. I'm finally getting down to wiring these into my own bike lol.
Edit I found it.... Link in the first post :) http://www.methtek.com/docs/MethTek_LVC_HVC_Parallel_Manual.htm

I have a question and looking for some confirmation.

Say I have (2) protection kits and each is paralleling (2) 6S packs, so (4) packs in total. You can series the (2) kits giving you 12S2P

But can I parallel the (2) kits giving me 6S4P without needing to break the kits up and without sparkles? My brain tells me that it is still OK in this setup. Someone please confirm.

I see posts - cant read or answer them right now.
Please contact me directly at my email address if you need urgent help

thanks,
-methods

Back