Mobility Scooter upgrade from AGM to LiFePo4 questionsi

My 24V mobility scooter is a Golden Buzzaround XLS-HD.
It's Dynamic R50 controller specs say:
Continuous current 14A (driving full throttle on level ground).
Max current 40A for less than 60 seconds (accelerating or driving up a steep ramp).

I think that means (when accelerating or climbing a steep ramp) controller can draw a max of 40A for 60 seconds, then controller reduces back down to its usual 14A draw.

Am I understanding the above correctly?

The stock batteries are two 12V 21AH AGM batteries in series to make a 24V system.

I want to upgrade to two 12.8V 30AH LiFePo4 batteries in series to make a 25.6V system.

Here is the LiFePo4 battery I found https://astrolithium.com/products/copy-of-astro-lithium-12v-30ah-lithium-battery

Scooter controller rated continuous current 14A.
Battery rated continuous current 30A.

Scooter controller rated max current 40A < 60 seconds.
Battery rated max current 60A < 3 seconds.

Would that battery work, or would my controller overload the battery causing BMS shutoff or other problems?

YellowBuzzaroundEX said:
It's Dynamic R50 controller specs say:
Continuous current 14A (driving full throttle on level ground).
Max current 40A for less than 60 seconds (accelerating or driving up a steep ramp).

I think that means (when accelerating or climbing a steep ramp) controller can draw a max of 40A for 60 seconds, then controller reduces back down to its usual 14A draw.

Am I understanding the above correctly?
It depends on what they set it up to do. The wording could mean either:

--it automatically rolls back to prevent overload and damage.

--it requires the user to never exceed the max current for more than that 60 seconds or damage may occur.

By that wording, it's not possible to tell which one it means.

It would make much more sense for it to do the first, especially since there is probably no user interface for monitoring anything about the system other than battery charge state. But that does not mean that it actually works that way.

To find out which one it does, for certain, you would need to test it, with a wattmeter or other means of monitoring current from battery to controller, under conditions that would cause it to pull at least 40A for more than 60 seconds, and see if it automatically rolls back to 14A, or continues to pull more current.

Back