Motors Both Powering off intermidantly then running again when holding throttle in Dual Motor Mode. Single mode rear motor works as it should

spazzo246

10 µW
Not sure what's going on with my Motors. I'm not getting consistent acceleration and cruise control is failing to activate.

Video: New video by Campo (From my google drive,

When I go into rear single motor mode, cruise control turns on fine and there's no problems with acceleration in the rear motor and cruise control turns on normally

When in dual motor mode, The motors are not staying powered consistently and they deactivate themselves every 5 seconds or so.
(Ignore the whirring noise, thats the bearings, I need to change them)

This started happening after I had to lift the scooter to put it on my bench

Any Ideas?

Does it have a front single motor mode? If so, does it also operate correctly?

Does the problem happen only under load (riding) or does it also happen with the wheels off ground?

If it only happens under load, especially if it is worse the harder you try to accelerate, the first likely problem is a battery connection that is causing higher resistance than normal, so voltage drops and the controller(s) try to protect against that.

Does it have a front single motor mode? If so, does it also operate correctly?

Does the problem happen only under load (riding) or does it also happen with the wheels off ground?

If it only happens under load, especially if it is worse the harder you try to accelerate, the first likely problem is a battery connection that is causing higher resistance than normal, so voltage drops and the controller(s) try to protect against that.

No front single motor mode only rear, I will disconnect the rear motor to get the front one isolated and run it and see what happens.
Yes it happens when im riding also. (video linked is when they are freely spinning on a stand)

Last edited:
And when I have unplugged the rear motor and run the front motor by itself. The problem occurs again.

As soon as I plug in the rear motor both motors have this stalling issue.

The rear motor acts normally when the front motor is disconnected

Back