• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

My BBS02 is puking a seal!

ediehl

1 mW
I've got about 160 happy miles on my new rig, but during my ride today I noticed that what appears to be a soft rubber seal is being forced out of the crank assembly, from the non-sprocket side. The motor is still working OK. Anybody see this before, and any suggestions on what I should do?

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

Thanks, that makes me feel somewhat better. I'm going to see if I can find a parts schematic of the BBS02, to hopefully get a better idea of what's up.

Well, BMSBattery is pretty good with regard to prices, and the LiFeP04 battery pack they built seems good so far, but if you use them don't count on support after the sale. All I've gotten from them is the suggestion to follow the instructions and reinstall the kit. I responded that that would resolve nothing, but they have offered no further comment. Sigh...

Doesn't look like a seal but reminds me of protective film seen on disc mount surface for hub motors, etc. Not a big deal, just loosen the nut and remove it, IMO.

BMSB can barely understand/translate English. Service questions are practically useless - you'd be better off searching somebody local who's used to BMSB and can lend hands-on help, if need be.

Back