My Chopper is getting a big brother !

Wow you're so lucky to have the space to store those. Had to sell my Schwinn Spoiler because it was to big. The front fork stretched out much longer than yours. I think the dual chain is for pedalling adjustment. Some people might be more comfortable with closer and lower pedal than sitting with knee raised high in the sky.

EMF said:
Nice looking bike! Never seen one of these before. It seems well suited for an electric conversion. The nice thing with internal hubs, is changing gears at a standstill. I would hate to go back to a derailuer.

Yes ! .. i'm really liking this geared hub thing, will need to re-evaluate that once i put more miles on it, but it's mighty interesting.

I have a bunch of bikes, but none of them would work with the Cyclone- Chain Drive setups, so this is just about perfect.. similar to 1000w's bike ! I have both the 1000w and the 500w kits to test out.. i think i'll start out with the 500.

Ngotcha: Space.. ouf.. i have the room ( single guy with a 2 story house.. garage and shed all getting very full..) but i have to sell some stuff.. it's getting insane.. i have a honda 110 trike, a few honda 90cc 2 stroke scooters to sell.. an XR200R dirtbike frame to do something with or get rid.. only to name a few.. gulp..

The dual BB thing rocks as i can drivea jackshaft setup direct thru the frame.. !! but i think i'll move the pedals to the bottom housing as you are very right, the knees come way up when pedaling.. meant to be electric i suppose ! hehe

Laz : I think this bike may very well end up Makita Powered a la Doctorbass, i have enough cells to build pack, got 20 x defective powerpacks with 5 to 10 cells + all sorts of low cRate duct tape stuff.. I"ll find a way somehow !! lol

You have to wear shades and a bandana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YmgVcd_aAE

i like the looks.

looks like it has a splined BB. too bad you'll have to lose it if you want to run the Cyclone freewheeling crank and the 1000W Cyclone motor. you may want to look at adding a jackshaft and a couple of freewheels to it.

rick

This is a ride worthy...

180px-331px-Longcat.jpg

...of Longcat.

rkosiorek said:
i like the looks.

looks like it has a splined BB. too bad you'll have to lose it if you want to run the Cyclone freewheeling crank and the 1000W Cyclone motor. you may want to look at adding a jackshaft and a couple of freewheels to it.

rick

Alternative freewheeling cranks that ought to be much stronger and give more gearing options
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1173

This is a very cool looking machine. 8) I'm looking forward to seeing how the Cyclone works out. I'm about to pull the trigger on one of the 1000W setups myself. I'm not sure what it will go on just yet, either a new 20 folding bike I'm thinking about, which has a 3-speed Nexus, or maybe my wife's Townie, which has a Nexus 8.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing/seeing how this progresses.

-- Gary

I pulled the trigger on a 1000W kit as well. It was shipped last night. I'm thinking about one of these Go-Bikes, from West Marine:

Go-Bike.jpg

It's pretty pricey, but I saw one at my local West Marine store and am quite impressed. It has a very cool dual suspension system, and disc brakes, front and back. I couldn't figure out a good hubmotor solution for this, or I would have had one by now. :) Anyway, the Cyclone would be perfect.

The other option I'm considering is to put it on my Townie. Last week I blew up the controller, pulling 100A+. It fried the motor wires and then blew the controller.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how this chopper conversion turns out. I was down in San Diego, over last weekend, and I saw a lot of them. They seem to be the new beach cruiser rage. :) Most have Nexus and SRAM 3-speed hubs, which would be a great match for this motor, I think.

-- Gary

That's exactly the sort of project that I've been wanting to do - a big Stretch Cruiser build with some nice leather panniers. I've been looking at the Phat bikes which are really nice! Unfortunately, I just don't have the space and accessibility to build something this large/heavy (three flights of narrow stairs and no outside place to secure). Can't wait till I move......

Stretch%20Delux.bmp

XR-7al.jpg

Hey Gary or Ypedal. Is there any difference in the 1000 watt kits other than power? Does the motor still mount in the same area as shown on the installation page on the website? I am very interested in this type of drive system now. It could be a very efficient and fun way to drive an ebike. I really like the idea of tying these to a Nexus hub!!!

The 500w goes inline with your drive chain...you add a segment to your existing chain ( that was not included with my kits ) ..

The 1000w hooks up to the cranks using it's own chain, so you have one chain that goes from the motor to the cranks and a 2nd chain from the cranks to the rear wheel. :wink:

Back