NCM C5 throttle installation

Pete0

1 µW
Hi. I live in USA and recently bought NCM C5, I’m wondering if anyone has successfully put throttle into NCM C5? I’ve searched on google A LOT but can’t find anything. The NCM official website has some controller upgrades which specifically say not for C5/C7. So if anyone knows how to put throttle and or upgrade controller to put throttle that would be great!

These are the default electric configurations that it comes with (in USA market)
Battery: Das-Kit, i6-3612, 36V 12AH, 432WH

Hub Motor Rated / Peak Power: Das-Kit, X2, 36V 350W / 600W

Controller: Das-Kit, T6, 36V15A

Charger: Das-Kit, 36V3A

Display: Das-Kit E2

Last edited:
NVM or NCM? (title says one, posts says the other)

NCM C5 via google brings up this
Is that what you have? If so, it says it uses a Das-Kit CT-I6 controller.

Nothing comes up for a website for Das-Kit itself, and none of the sites that do come up with that brand of stuff for sale have any technical info on the controller at all, nor any manuals for them, or labelling for the connectors and pins, so I don't see any way to know whether or not the controller supports a throttle or not.

Some systems that don't come with throttles are programmed in the display and/or controller to not accept input from one even if you solder in wires to one to the appropriate pads on the controller PCB...so yours might not, or it could.

You can always change out the controller and display of your bike to any controller/display set that does accept a throttle, such as the KT Kunteng series, or LS LiShui series, or various others. Make sure you pick one that is for 36v, and has a current limit of 15A, to match what you have now so it does not stress your battery/etc.

The connectors on it might not be the same as those on your bike, so you may have to change connectors on either bike or controller to fit each other, and figure out wiring for each such connector that must be changed. (even if the connectors are identical, it does not mean that they are wired compatibly, so you should see if your bike manual says which pin is which, or see if the manufacturer will tell you. If not, you may have to open things and check, or just plug things in and hope for the best (which can damage things if the wiring is wrong).

NVM or NCM? (title says one, posts says the other)

NCM C5 via google brings up this
Is that what you have? If so, it says it uses a Das-Kit CT-I6 controller.

Nothing comes up for a website for Das-Kit itself, and none of the sites that do come up with that brand of stuff for sale have any technical info on the controller at all, nor any manuals for them, or labelling for the connectors and pins, so I don't see any way to know whether or not the controller supports a throttle or not.

Some systems that don't come with throttles are programmed in the display and/or controller to not accept input from one even if you solder in wires to one to the appropriate pads on the controller PCB...so yours might not, or it could.

You can always change out the controller and display of your bike to any controller/display set that does accept a throttle, such as the KT Kunteng series, or LS LiShui series, or various others. Make sure you pick one that is for 36v, and has a current limit of 15A, to match what you have now so it does not stress your battery/etc.

The connectors on it might not be the same as those on your bike, so you may have to change connectors on either bike or controller to fit each other, and figure out wiring for each such connector that must be changed. (even if the connectors are identical, it does not mean that they are wired compatibly, so you should see if your bike manual says which pin is which, or see if the manufacturer will tell you. If not, you may have to open things and check, or just plug things in and hope for the best (which can damage things if the wiring is wrong).

Thank you for replying. So the title had a typo (I guess my brain was fried late last night lol), I have corrected it now. It is NCM C5, which is by "Leon cycles" in other countries. The Das-Kit is specifically their own system. Here is the link for the model's manual which i think does not give any more info- https://www.leoncycle.com.au/assets/brochures/P-C5.pdf

Specficially, the controller is Das-Kit Controller T6 and here is a weblink for it- NCM C5/C7 Controller - CT-T6 , with the following description and photo--
Description: 36V15A, 6 mos, Motor Wire270MM, Light Cable590MM, Boost Wire50MM, Display Wire900MM, Power Cable100MM, not include terminal block, Black

Please lemme know if any of this information helps to modify your response. Thanks again!

1690207396221.png

It looks like the other DAS controllers that do support throttle input do so via the display. In those cases, the throttle and brake cutoffs connect directly to the display and then the display connects to the DAS controller. You may want to look into the display connectors to see if an upgraded display with throttle support is compatible. If not, then you may need to swap out both the controller and display, if the controller can be made to work with your bike.

Ok thanks. The Das kit motor thing is like a sealed package on the rear wheel- like those wheels they sell in kits to convert "any" bike into e bike (see photo) 1690250891534.png

Also, this bike has basic caliper brakes (no disc brakes). From the controller, there is only one cable that goes into the motor in wheel. Overall this controller is this- Das Kit D6 -1690251005217.png

The display is basic, no screen snf receicing that one purple cable from the controller, so to me does not look like upgrading dfsplay only will help.

I am a pretty decent DYIer, and based on what i have figured from battery wattage, motor wattage, controller amp requirements and all, I am thinking what if i bought the following controller and tried to install it?-
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832818572671.html (kit B, see its specifications on the weblink or below-
WF Controller Kit B which has controller and small display and throttle thingy:

KT 36/48V 22A controller 1pcs

KT-LCD4 display 1pcs

Thumb throttle 1pcs

KT-BZ-10C PAS 1pcs

1-2 extend cable(60cm) 1pcs

9Pins extend cable(100cm) 1pcs
1--Rate Voltage:36V/48V
2--Maximum Current:22A
3--Low Voltage Protection:DC30/40V
4--Speed Set:1-4.2V
5--Brake input:Low-level
6-- Torque Simulation Sine Wave Brushless Controller
7--Suitable for 450-500W Sensor motor
8--With Julei waterproof connector,it can waterproof and dustproof.
9--KT 9mosfet controller

1690251926888.png

Lastly, to confirm and remind, my battery and motor are as follows-
Battery: Das-Kit, i6-3612, 36V 12Ah, 432Wh

Hub Motor Rated / Peak Power: Das-Kit, X2, 36V 350W / 600W

I believe should work?

Just dont know if the new KT controller's motor cable (connector) will plug into mine or not, OR the new controller's battery cable will plug into my battery thing or not. I dont think i need the PAS sensory thing from new controller (so i just leave that out when installing) coz my Das Kit wheel thing has everything packaged inside?

Please bear with me as i might be ignorant on some things here , which is why i am seeking help/ education.

Thanks again

Attachments

• 1690251991320.png
    1690251991320.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 1
or should i go with this controller instead as its amp and wattage matches more with my motor and battery?

KT Controller Kit 24V/36V 15A +LCD4+Throttle+PAS++BZ-10C PAS+Brake+1T4 /1T2 extend cable/ ebike motor controller kit

WF Controller Kit A:
KT 24V/36V 15A controller 1pcs
KT-LCD4 display 1pcs
KT-BZ-10C PAS 1pcs
Thumb throttle 1pcs
1-2 extend cable(60cm) 1pcs

WF Controller Kit B:
KT 24V/36V 15A controller 1pcs
KT-LCD4 display 1pcs
KT-BZ-10C PAS 1pcs
Thumb throttle 1pcs
1-4 extend cable(140cm) 1pcs
A pair of Brake Levers
All with Julei waterproof plug cable.

Specification of controller:
1--Rate Voltage:24V/36V
2--Rated Current:7A
3--Maximum Current:15±1A
4--Low Voltage Protection:DC20/30±0.5V
5--Speed Set:1-4.2V
6--Brake input: Low-level
7-- Torque Simulation Sine Wave Brushless Controller
8--Suitable for 250-350W Sensor motor

1690265929754.png

Is there a label anywhere on the battery that provides more info on it's specifications or cells used? (or will you be replacing it as well?)

Last edited:
Hello Pete
I have the same project as you, changing the controller of my NCM c5. Have you finaly change your controller by one of those listed above ?
Regards
Michel

Back