Need input - buying batteries

neowizard said:
Just keep in mind that if you're pairing this new battery with your existing one, a different chemistry (or any different properties, really) require more planning.

The batteries will not be paired together to power a motor at the same time. One battery per motor.

999zip999 said:
Tell us more about the battery that you already have so we can match a new battery do your existing battery to keep the voltage issues to a minimum and lvc to match.

I have 2x 48v 14AH 30A cheapo 18650 based Chinese constructed import batteries. Could be anything inside but they actually do quite well. I got them just to have some power in the meantime while I figure out a bigger (and hopefully better) battery.

Only one battery at a time (well, one battery per motor). Wont' be pairing. I've no problem running down one battery and then swapping it with a reserve so I'm not as limited by type, more by spec.

But for those curious anyway, it's these
batteries.jpg

metaneuralnetwork said:
The batteries will not be paired together to power a motor at the same time. One battery per motor.
You probably have good reasons for doing it that way but recall that by paralleling them you can often avoid overstressing one (ultimately reducing its lifespan) and/or improve overall performance (less voltage sag). That the two batteries are identical makes it even easier.

Back