Need new motor whitout hall sensors (can i override?)

gonzales

10 µW
Hi. Some time ago i got myself a set .
48V 1200W Hub motor with Controller and thumb throtle WHITOUT hall sensor. (only 3 wires on the motor)

Now my Hub motor broke down(atleast i think so) and i need a replacement.
But i can only find motors whit built in hall sensor. (3Power wires and some smaller sensor wires)
Can i switch them off or override the sensors ??? (i wish it was that easy :) )

Now the old motor: just feels like braking all the time and if i give power it just twitches an inch back or forward (wheel stopped and free in the air)
If i turn the wheel (whit hand on pedals and wheel in air) and i throthle then its just stops intantly almost). feels like constant braking like abs in a car on snow.
If i drive (pedaling feet) then it makes a sound as if the coils inside brakes every time i pass one (vibrating).
Power disconnected also same effect . (it used to bike fine whitout power) so ill just get new motor ? :)

My wife realy needs the trike fixed to get the kids to school ...

Yes you can run a sensored motor without using the sensors, it is that easy.
To test your bike to find out if there is a problem with the motor or the controller disconncet the 3 phase wires from the motor, do not let the ends of the phase wires touch each other, and spin the wheel. If it is now easy to spin there is a problem in the controller. Hard to spin would be a problem with the phase wires or an internal motor problem.

Icewrench said:
Yes you can run a sensored motor without using the sensors, it is that easy.
To test your bike to find out if there is a problem with the motor or the controller disconncet the 3 phase wires from the motor, do not let the ends of the phase wires touch each other, and spin the wheel. If it is now easy to spin there is a problem in the controller. Hard to spin would be a problem with the phase wires or an internal motor problem.

So you say The trouble whit the motor is probably some wiring or coils shortcutting on an other ?
I completly disconnected the wheel from the controller and it still the same problem. maybe wires going into the motor (they look a little fragile).
I cant open the thing up :) ( dont got a 3clamp pull push thing) and do i need to get the gears off first ? i dont know i think i did more damage trying ) hehe

Edit: So i bet ill go buy new motor soon after i try opening up my old one some more times .
But Can u wire the motors 3 wires wrong ? yes offcourse but will u do damage or in worst case just turn backwards ? :)

Can someone recommend any motor ? its a 26" wheel on a real heavy trike my lost motor did well on speed but on low speeds u heard it working to hard.
I need more torque and slower speed. any cheap (200dollar) sollution ?

Ok i installed a normal bike wheel temporary. So the wife can get the kids to school and get some ass fat burned 8)
So With more time there is more budget.

Can anyone recommend me a HIGH TORQUE low speed hub motor ? 48V (1200W max controller)
Its for a heavy trike with a 26" wheel (Cant go smaller or the pedals hit the floor)

I searched a little into geared motors reading about higher torque but i only see high speeds in the specs on the ones i find for sale.
And think concidering the high weigt the gears aint gonna last long ...

Back