Stator RPM sensors broken?

nu3t

1 µW
Hello,

Recently I replaced this part on my Bafang front wheel drive (Bafang G32) - see image.

r/bafang - Error in Bafang Front Wheel Drive

When I opened it, it was all rusted (rubber band preventing water coming in was broken) and made a really bad noise. After I replaced it the noise was completely gone but then I got the error on the display Bafang Display Cortina Ecomo UART. The first led blinks 2 times and after that the second led blinks 1 time. In the manual it says there's a problem with the RPM detection sensor - Check stator of motor. The front wheel drive works fine in the first 5-10 seconds. But then gets this error and stays at a constant (slow) speed when you pedal. I dismantled the whole thing and found a lot of corrosion on the stator as well. I tried cleaning everything and steel brushing the steel parts. It's all clean now (and no damaged/burned wires) but didn't solve anything. Now I'm doubting myself if the problem is located here. What else could I be missing? I'm (pretty) sure that those things circled in blue are indeed sensors for the rotation. Maybe just a broken control panel on the stator? Images before cleaning.

image1.jpegimage0.jpeg

What can I do next? These Bafangs G320 front wheel drives are hard to come by at the moment and I can't find them anywhere online.

The circled items are hall sensors. There are quite a few posts about testing those in various ways, if you poke around, to confirm or eliminate them as the problem, and parts to replace them with if they are failed.

If it's a geared hubmotor, then there is probably a separate wheelspeed sensor, either outside the wheel on the frame with magnet on a wheel spoke/etc., or isnide the motor reading magnets on the side cover.

Back