New 'Mini Monster' Programmable Controllers Coming

Hi
for the power resistor take the 200 that is therein most cases and put a 680 in series both 2 or 3 W this will give a power resistor of 980 ohm's that should work.

Geoff

I am still havin prolems with a 6fet 116 cutting out as shown in this thead http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15200 Ben kindly pointed me to this thread as he was experiencing a similar problem. Once the motor is rotating above a certain rpm the throttle behaves correctly when applied , I have increased the value of the main cap and also decreased the power resistor value as suggested in this thread but with no improvement. Do anyone think its possible that this is by design :!: I also have a 116 209 controller but this works as I would expect ( perfectly ) with my setup. Anyone got any suggestions of what to try next. These are the things confirmed : its not due to lvc, dirty 5v rail or ripple....

I have just looked at the ad on ebay for these controllers and there are 2 types, a peddle sensor type and a sensorless type now this ( I think ) makes sence, I bet I have the peddle sensor type :? . Do anyone know what to change to make them sensorless :?:

Edit: Just done some more reading within this forum and now I am even more confused.... :lol: when crazyman refers to the sensorless type do he mean 'peddle sensorless' or 'hall sensorless' in which case does 'hall sensorless' mean that within the programming software 'compatable timing' means ' running without hall sensors '...

hi
Gwhy! looks like you have tried everything to fix the throttle problems, as for the idea of sensorless all of "116" / "infineon" family of controllers have a the ability to control the motor from a sensor fitted to the cranks the input on to the controller board is seperate from the throttle there is a problem in that the "pedelc" sensor comes higher in the programming than the throttle.
the actual sensorless part is in the form of a small board the size of a christmas postage stamp this can have its problems as well.

Geoff

geoff57 said:
hi
Gwhy! looks like you have tried everything to fix the throttle problems, as for the idea of sensorless all of "116" / "infineon" family of controllers have a the ability to control the motor from a sensor fitted to the cranks the input on to the controller board is seperate from the throttle there is a problem in that the "pedelc" sensor comes higher in the programming than the throttle.
the actual sensorless part is in the form of a small board the size of a christmas postage stamp this can have its problems as well.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff,
This is what I was thinking, thanks for the confirmation, if the controller is a peddle first controller do you know where the signals go onto the board ? I was thinking I can just make a free running pulse generator to mimic the signal that comes from a "pedelc" sensor assuming it is a 5-0v pulse stream and this may over come the problem.... :?:

Ok I done a bit more reading and I think the input for a peddle sensor needs to go to TA on the board ( what do you guys think ), I will try and mock something up over the next couple of days to test the theory... you gotta try ain't ya :wink:

Edit: after reading the very usefull Keywin E-bike Lab Parameter Designer Software Manual ver 1.2 thread again, it looks like you may be able to turn this function on and off ( program box 30 ) 0:false 1:true . so I will try this first.

gwhy! said:
Ok I done a bit more reading and I think the input for a peddle sensor needs to go to TA on the board ( what do you guys think ), I will try and mock something up over the next couple of days to test the theory... you gotta try ain't ya :wink:

Edit: after reading the very usefull Keywin E-bike Lab Parameter Designer Software Manual ver 1.2 thread again, it looks like you may be able to turn this function on and off ( program box 30 ) 0:false 1:true . so I will try this first.

The programming made no difference so I will have a look at the peddle sensor input to the controller :(

I have now sorted this problem, The program in the new controllers that I have been having the problems with must be a little less forgiving than my older controller. The spacing on my hall sensors were slightly out , re-spaced the sensors and now the new controllers work perfectly.

old thread bump !what happened to these mini 6 fet controllers ?

what is the highest power micro 6 fet controller out their was i this ?

100v 50 is 5kw and the thing is tiny !

Back