Noob here: Bafang motor, 6-pin connector pinout?

Bluesman

1 µW
Hi guys. Noob, first post. I have google:d and searched for 2 full days, but can´t seem to get info for the following.
Any pointers appreciated.

I got my first brand new e-bike just recently, and basically need just ONE improvement - to remove or alter the 25km/h speed limit. I´d like to have access to 30km/h.

Checking out my options wasn´t too easy. It´s a noname/rebranded e-bike setup (YOSEMITE=BILTEMA, Sweden. 250W/36V/10Ah . 3 step power control on handlebar.
28" 7 gears.

No idea yet what controller it has, its not labeled. I guess I will need to rip it out to see the PCB and pass the pictures here for advice.
This will be a big adventure, since the clever little folks assembled the controller and harness first, then the rest of the bike around it. :evil:

Anyway: I have TWO pieces of info so far. The motor i s a front hub marked BFSWXB 36V250W185R. This, to me, looks and sounds like a Bafang.
The motor connector is a 6-pin circular one. 3 thicker pins and 3 thinner. This looks like it´s a sensorless motor. (only 3 free pins available)
Hall sensors normally need 5 pins, I have read..
SO...3 thick pins=motor phases.
But..what are the rest for? Can I hope to keep it simple and get the speed limit disabled by fiddling with the remaining 3 pins only?

Hm. TNX!
Good tip and a very creative solution. With a little ingenuity, I could get a couple of matching 6-pin connectors..and graft the IC and the phase cables in between them..seal it with heat shrink tube and have a removable hi-speed "dongle"... :lol:

Is the output waveform and amplitude from the sensor reasonably verified?

Edit: i e can I assume a digital output or an analogue one? I mean, for instance an ABS speed sensor (sinus wave) changes both frequency and amplitude with a speed increase. A hall effect sensor is constant amplitude and square..

Hi,
In my endless search (2 weeks now), I have crossed this post, and I am hoping any of you read it and can help me.
I have a similar issue with the front motor. I got the front wheel stolen, and I bought a used motor to replace it. Both had 6 pins, but to my surprise, the pins come in different order!!

Have you hear of an adapter, or do you have diagrams as per how the pins on both sides should be connected? I could cut one wire and connect to a spare piece (male or female).
But I have no clue how to match the cables...

Se pictures
IMG-20210629-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20210629-WA0005.jpg

Back