Norco A-line 144v 200amp Lipo 150km/h build

I liked the Flames. I had been using 1.95 Tioga slicks, and while i liked the look of them the extra tire width certainly helped with the potholes. I saw no destroyed rims on my Flames, and I would call my "accident" a freak occurence; it's not everyday that something metal or glass slashes a two inch hole in your sidewall.
I am also quite glad to still be around :)

High speed and flats is why I switched over to DOT moped tires and tubes on my bike. They weight more but I have a lot less worries about a flat / slash happening. Not to say it can't or won't though.

Andje, please be careful. You might want to spend the extra $$ to swap to moped rims,tires and tubes in a similar sized wheel. As a bonus, the moped tires tend to grip the road a lot better than any bicycle tire I've ridden. My Pirelli ML75's also got stickier when I did a quick 2 second burn out on asphalt showing off to someone. The second burn out a few seconds later didn't go so easy. Instead I found myself riding my battery bag which is mounted in front of my seat riding a wheelie at least 2 feet high while leaned over the handle bars looking like I was a stunter showing off with my feet in the air. Luckily I didn't panic and was able to release the throttle and come down with a bit of thud (thankful for front suspension), but not before I traveled about 10 feet like that. I only wish it was on video so I could share my stupidity with everyone for entertainment and looking like a boss (by accident).

I now have a 3.0 Flame in the rear with a downhill tire, and I'm pretty happy with how that looks. Wouldn't stop the kind of accident I had though.
The new bike will almost certainly be moped rim and tires. If I'm going 120km/h+ you can be assured it will be in full gear, with every mechanical thing tuned and the right kind of bike to do it on :). That includes rated tires.

Yes I will be. My prof has had the pieces in his metal shop all semester now, delays keep cropping up on finishing the stator/ magnet ring work. I fully understand; he is a man suffering from cancer remission, teaching schedule, and parental death this semester, so I'll take the parts when i can get them :). He said last week maybe tomorrow! As soon as I get the bits the winding will begin...

That sounds pretty sweet!
How do you plan to wind your motor?

slowly by hand :p?

In other news, the red bike should be rolling tomorrow! Currently powered by my existing 100v battery back pack and my 5403, so only a 12kw machine :). Should still be pretty dope though. I got the motor spinning last night and laced it today. Tomorrow i have my final exam, then it's home to work on the bike and try and get it done.

Andje said:
slowly by hand :p?
Haha. No. Are you winding it 10X6 or 5X12? Lol

im going to use thicker wire and work for 21 turns max, so either a 3*7 or a 2*10, or drop to a 3*6 if i can't fit the turns.

She's alive. Far too much tape for my liking in the long run, but for an Alpha version i'm very happy. Getting on it is fun, feels like steering a truck or something its so wide. I need to inflate the rear shock and redo the mineral oil in my brake lines. I have hopefully got all the bits to daisy chain them together in series so that the one lever triggers both disks and the regen. Tomorrow will tell... I got my gopro back the other day so I will find my sd card and get a video up asap.

[youtube]8k57Zwlqcmk[/youtube]

love how i say heavy as i put it down and it shakes the whole apartment and the large dresser the gopro is on top of lol...

Got my front brake filled, took the bike for a quick ride. All I can say is that I own a 100km/h ebike, and I'm not stranger to the ebike grin, but this new bike had me laughing out loud.
I love the throttle; i have a brake lever wired to a 5k pot and it is smooth as butter, not twitchy like my thumb throttle/ brake lever combo on my commuter. I couldn't really open her up to see what she's got since I only have front disk, no regen or rear right now, but suffice to say she pulls like a horse. The kelly is also louder at low rpm but smoother then the infineon by a small degree.
Also, everyone should have a DS bike with a motor. In every way that my hardtail shoves all the speed and fun right up my ass, this new bike just bounces like a trampoline. I ran it directly into the sidewalk at a high point and just bounced up. Thudbuster seat posts are not the same as rear suspension.
Very happy :).

Did another longer ride, wow... the acceleration.. it's at half current limit and only 100v but I swear 0-60 in under 3 seconds for sure. Probably a LOT under.
I would guess top speed is around 100km/h at my current 100v battery limit, so when I push that up to 40s it will be quite something, for sure I'll hit the 120km/h I wanted. The accel is just ridiculous compared to my other bike, which I already thought was pretty amazing. Basically I will probably see you guys at the racetracks if there are ever any races within say 4-5 hours of the border.
I really like the smoothness of the Kelly, a huge improvement over the Infineon and I had no idea I was even going to notice the change. The throttle I have is way better too; changing my old thumb throttle/ brake lever combo to another 5k pot is a priority.
Getting my rear calliper mounted is a huge priority, as is getting the regen working. Stopping from 100km/h with only the front caliper is just... slow :p.
My second run was 5kmish, did a bunch of high speed launches which really burns power, and Im now seeing something like 4ah going back into my battery. That would be 400wh or about 80wh/km to cruise around medium speed (60km/h average) and do 5-8 hard launches up to speed. Knobbie tires are not helping the efficiency, but will be great for offroad :)
And finally... don't assume that your old bike will look good to you once you build a new better one, even if the old one is perfect for what it needs to do...

commuted today on the aline. got a vid coming up, just basic street riding, but you can see the acceleration and the smoothness of the Kelly. This vid is at half voltage potential, hlaf battery current and half motor current. There is a LOT of room still in all these components :)

[youtube]7eFQUbr2Wug[/youtube]

i took it out and road a bunch on grass and offroad in general, but the stupid gopro ran out of batteries for all the epic Hurdman stuff... O well, there will be infinetly more to come. For now, here is a quick accel over grass vid.

Love how easily the motor just took off!
How fast were you going on that run?

i would say 70 km/h+ for sure; no speedometer yet. It feels like it's topping out around 100 km/h, and that would make sense. Once I go to 150v or so I will see the extra rpm i need to get my 120 km/h at least.
The ease is noticeable over the infineon; smoother accel, it ramps instead of allowing spikes in the throttle input, still extremely responsive but not twitchy like the Infineon.

Here's the commute video. More today!

[youtube]lU7r5SF1a94[/youtube]

Did some amazing runs offroad today, got great vids of it all. They are going up. This is truly the potential of these bikes; it is amazing...

Andje said:
...... This is truly the potential of these bikes; it is amazing...

gee mate... anyone would think you're happy with the results or something!! :D

Vids are pretty damn impressive mate. That thing halls ass!

LOL, I love it how you approached the cop car from behind in his blind corner.... :mrgreen:

[youtube]r6P1iFtXJpU[/youtube]

here's a real offroad vid. I figure near the end I'm doing about 100km/h on grass :).

Back