Norco Empire 8150 build (page 20 pic heavy)

Uao.
One 1,5 years ago I thought to build up a non-hub motor bike, now I am finishing my first project.

Australians are always forward.
Compliments.

Great project and realisation

lookin real good Paul :shock: you are a whiz with a drill press I'm amazed at how good your bike looks so far.

would love to hear about what tools you're using.Your parts look as good as cnc parts, but looks like you're just using a drill press? how do you file all the edges? if you say a hand file I'm going to freak out :)

I think you will not be getting enough air to the esc for cooling. It really needs to be totally out in the air. If you go as is, I would recommend temperature monitoring be added.

Bubba

Awesome progress here Timma, I guess you will be doing more work over the holidays? That aluminum ring looks uber trick, but damn :shock: there is alot of waste from making a part like that!! Although, I don't see any other way around it. I am not understanding how that thin CF tab is going to carry an outboard bearing, so I will just sit back and enjoy as the metal shavings fly on your side of the pond. This is the most anticipated build for me, I can't wait to see the final product.

Whoa! I figured you had a CNC! Outstanding craftsmanship with a drill press and file!

Bike really looks fantastic. Great work!

Timma2500 said:
I felt the same way. Luckily the EvLogic Throttlizer has a temp probe to be attached to the heatsink on the other side (hotter side maybe?).
Cant remember what temp i set it to but it was reasonably conservative - around 70deg c. Would this be too hot you think? From memory i set the Throttlizer's current limiter to 100amps max which for a HV140, shouldn't be pushing it too hard.
Paul :D

My HV110 would run between 40 and 60 deg C and that is with it fully exposed to the wind. 70 deg c sounds like a good limit to me.

Bubba

Thats a nice bike you are getting there, looking forward to see a vid. when you are done. :D

Absolutely incredible build! :!: :!: I like how you used the XR600 switch, Ill have to consider doing something like that myself. Most of the off the shelf Ebike parts are just not up to the standards of the builds here. Cheap chinese sourced standard ebike components, just do not work with something put together this well. This is inspiring!

Outstanding build Paul!
What is it with you West Aussies and your custom frames and parts that look like they're made with a CNC but have been made with the most basic of tools! :lol:

What is so special about the input shaft? Why does it have to be machined? I've been waiting for this to fire up forever!!!!! :lol:

Hyena said:
What is it with you West Aussies and your custom frames and parts that look like they're made with a CNC but have been made with the most basic of tools! :lol:

Its the BeeR here :mrgreen:

Awesome build Paul extremly impressive makes StealthBikes Bomber look poor in comparison IMHO...

I would pick up a linisher though would cut down that filing time a HEAP buddy, i use one of them
cheap crap GMC wood linishers (just the disk part of it) works a treat, my files till get a workout but
nowhere near as much... MUST see this one when its finished have to catch up midway for a ride
in the near future with the rest of the West Aussies here :)

KiM

Timma2500 said:
AussieJester said:
Its the BeeR here :mrgreen:
Hahaha and the mass quantity of which is consumed :D Although i am partial to my beloved bundy rum :wink:

Thanks AJ, i've been following your cruiser build too - simply awsome work! You got much more to do before she's up and running?

When our bikes are finished we should all meet at the Swan River or otherwise for an e-ride/ beers/ social. Maybe Feb?

Yeah guna get a few more tools including a linisher when the budget allows, a bit skint at the moment.... :roll:

Paul :D

Cheers mate, and no very little and shes ready for a ride SEVER hangover from 2 days of partys im afraid LoL.. i hadn't stumbled on this build HOW i missed it i don't know, i always come here and just hit the 'View Active Topics" Obviously this one slipped past grrrr... *Subscribed now thankfully...

Definitely Feb sounds the shot mate, Swan is good central spot i think too be good for the southerners and northerners, shall get some interest/details happening next month in the Aussie Roll Call thread, see what everyones happy with maybe even a ride and a bar-b-q on the foreshore with a few ales to top the day off?

All the best with the rest of the build...truly impressive thus far mate.

KiM

I've got a hobbycity charger, and after a hard run my 8S batteries show up as 7S on connection to the charger. The charger still lets you go ahead and charge at 8S anyway. With a bit more charge in them they read 8S. 8)

Back