Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

I am interested in a 12FET one for a Cyclone 3k/4k motor. Are there any tips or guides as to how to install these on the C3000W motor?

How well does it work? Is it noticeably better over the stock BT controller?

Thanks.

G.

gman1971 said:
I have no experience with stock controller. I ran mine with PV 12fet (with some issues). Got about a year with alfine 8 speed igh at 70A bat. After upgrade to nuc12fet, igh gave up after a month. Next igh lasted another month. Used 80A bat. And I was careful when shifting.
Now have mxus3k because I need reliable commuter :oops:
Setup was easy, took away motor chain for autotune.

Hi Vasili, would there be a way in the Nuc to obtain a copy of one of the halls signals for use as a Tach signal in my setup? I presently use the Energus TinyBMS coupled with the EbikeAnalyser app on my phone that displays all the electrical parameters, including speed, based on the number of pulses per Km. My Kelly controller (that will be replaced by the Nucular) produces this tach signal.

If this is not possible, I could always make a little buffer board with an op-amp connected to one of the Hall signals.

Or would your new u-Light board be able to output a tach signal?
Thanks!

minimum said:
gman1971 said:
I have no experience with stock controller. I ran mine with PV 12fet (with some issues). Got about a year with alfine 8 speed igh at 70A bat. After upgrade to nuc12fet, igh gave up after a month. Next igh lasted another month. Used 80A bat. And I was careful when shifting.
Now have mxus3k because I need reliable commuter :oops:
Setup was easy, took away motor chain for autotune.

Good for you.

Hi VasiliSk,

So, do you know what the setup for the motor hall sensors on a Cyclone is? Does anyone who has done this for a C3000W motor have some wiring diagrams as to how to connect the C3000W motor to the Nucular?

Thanks.

G.

briangv99 said:
Hi VasiliSk,

is the next batch of 12F available soon? Lossing hope that I be able to get one of these after 6 months on the waiting list (pre-ordered 28/9/19).

Brian

I was giving this some thought.... really, 6 months?? Wow, I am sorry to hear... well then, looks like I will probably look elsewhere. Thanks.

G.

gman1971 said:
briangv99 said:
Hi VasiliSk,

is the next batch of 12F available soon? Lossing hope that I be able to get one of these after 6 months on the waiting list (pre-ordered 28/9/19).

Brian

I was giving this some thought.... really, 6 months?? Wow, I am sorry to hear... well then, looks like I will probably look elsewhere. Thanks.

G.

Its worth the wait iv had my 12F since last year best controller i have rocked, Unreal nothing compares from others i have tried, Can't wait for BMS to be finished

The latest controller is always the best controller. When someone who ordered his in October last year and hasn't gotten it yet, that doesn't sound very promising.

I am really glad you like yours, but I am already looking at other, available, options that will be better than what I have now.

G.

cheeko said:
gman1971 said:
briangv99 said:
Hi VasiliSk,

Brian

G.

Its worth the wait iv had my 12F since last year best controller i have rocked, Unreal nothing compares from others i have tried, Can't wait for BMS to be finished

Gnam 1971 you just have to understand that these are pre-orders.
The controllers produced are only in small series and the COVID-19 has certainly posed a big production problem for several months.
To give you an idea these controllers are very similar to Adaptto regarding the possibilities.

Exactly I took a Votol EM 100 while waiting for my Nuc12F, whith my Qs 120 70H.

Thanks guys, I get it... but if someone's preorder from October isn't delivered yet.. 6 months after spending almost 400 is never going to happen.

I already have a cheapo... had one for 2 years already. Maybe when the October preorders are fulfilled I'll think about it. ASI makes some decent FOC controllers too, and I can get those without waiting 6 months or more... but like I said, we'll see.

G.

pre-order is free.

gman1971 said:
Maybe when the October preorders are fulfilled I'll think about it.
Unless he starts outsourcing the assembly process, if you delay getting into the queue, likely you'll need to wait well into 2021.

And as stated many times throughout, no need to even put down a deposit to reserve your place.

And if you end up not using it, no harm done.

briangv99 said:
Hi VasiliSk,

Brian

I pre-ordered 12F + display 24.9.2019 and waiting still, just like you.

gman1971 said:
Hi VasiliSk,

So, do you know what the setup for the motor hall sensors on a Cyclone is? Does anyone who has done this for a C3000W motor have some wiring diagrams as to how to connect the C3000W motor to the Nucular?

Thanks.

G.
Connect randomly and run autodetection.... :D

Hi guys.
With my 24F whether I use the engine brake function or not, when the FW is activated and when I release the accelerator pedal there is a very powerful engine brake. Do you know how I can fix this?
Thank you

Are you using the "speed" or "speed/torque" control modes ? I had the same problem when using those modes. "Torque" mode works perfect though. I have 12F.

I'd like to be able to use those other modes sometimes, but it seems like an unuseable feature at this point in time.

IMG_20200321_082038_compress42.jpgno I use the torque mode and that does not change anything. Maybe I need to change the speed at which the engine slows down.

Back