Number One - 11.000 Watts

Hey Patrick,
From what I remember you used APS throttle interface on your Number One. My APS interface has 3 wires: yellow, orange and brown and thumb throttle white, red and black. Can you post how you connected these two units together?

Ecyclist said:
Hey Patrick,
From what I remember you used APS throttle interface on your Number One. My APS interface has 3 wires: yellow, orange and brown and thumb throttle white, red and black. Can you post how you connected these two units together?

I used the APS throttle in the past, I switched back to the Magura throttle however. I don't remember how I connected these two, but it should be more or less the same as the Magura throttle as far as I remember. I will have a look if I maybe have pictures of the throttle connection, but I doubt I have one.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the ESC from APS that I was planning to use with the APS throttle interface went to ESC paradise. :D
The good news is that it was a spectacular event. Now I switched all my efforts to learning everything that I can about VESC. So far so good. I was able to hook-up a throttle directly to the VESC, and my two APS motors work perfectly. Tomorrow I will be fitting hypocycloidal transmission to one of these motors.
Take care and have fun.

Ecyclist said:
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the ESC from APS that I was planning to use with the APS throttle interface went to ESC paradise. :D
The good news is that it was a spectacular event. Now I switched all my efforts to learning everything that I can about VESC. So far so good. I was able to hook-up a throttle directly to the VESC, and my two APS motors work perfectly. Tomorrow I will be fitting hypocycloidal transmission to one of these motors.
Take care and have fun.

Just curious, how did you blow the APS ESC? User fault or ESC fault?

Small update on this topic. I switched the amp limit on the Castle ESC from 240A to 280A. This gives a little bit more power, which I can definitely feel in how much easier it wheelies :mrgreen: The smile on my face also gets bigger.

At this point I am pushing the bike to all of it limits, electronically wise. Mechanically it all feels very robust and could handle more power. I am also thinking about the next bike I will make, and I already have a few ideas in my head. However, I need to do a lot of research on the electronics and ask for help on this forum to the guys who have experience with high-power electronics (liveforphysics?). I promise it will be a next-level bicycle in terms of performance and design!

No reason you can not do it yourself your clearly very talented
I'm sure many on hear will give what ever they have to offer including luke.
Controller options are quite open these days but with you already running 11000watts the next ride is going to have big boy pants, It's hard not to think about your next ride I've not finished my current and I have plans for down the line already.

I'd like something with lots of travel 150mm+ front and rear low down mounted motor geared direct, custom frame with lots of lipo room 10kw burst lmx motor and it starts to resemble a kuberg freerider I like it so much I may just get one second hand if im lucky it's prime for modding and good base to emulate ;) ;)

[/quote]Just curious, how did you blow the APS ESC? User fault or ESC fault?

Small update on this topic. I switched the amp limit on the Castle ESC from 240A to 280A. This gives a little bit more power, which I can definitely feel in how much easier it wheelies :mrgreen: The smile on my face also gets bigger.

At this point I am pushing the bike to all of it limits, electronically wise. Mechanically it all feels very robust and could handle more power. I am also thinking about the next bike I will make, and I already have a few ideas in my head. However, I need to do a lot of research on the electronics and ask for help on this forum to the guys who have experience with high-power electronics (liveforphysics?). I promise it will be a next-level bicycle in terms of performance and design![/quote]

To be honest, I'm not sure. This was the first time I used ESC.
On the other hand, I used VESC for the first time and had no problems so far.
280A !!! Obviously you are happy with the Castle ESC. Can you post your Castle set-up? I might try 80mm motor in the future, and VESC can't feed that much power.

Back