Nuvinci CVT hub

mahalo111 said:
Who rents BionX systems there? I'd like to see a pic of the rental bike. At only 350W, the PL350 would be very underpowered on any hills.
Scott at Rip current cyclery has one and is a dealer for them here on maui. He allowed me to rent it for the weekend to see how it would do for me in Kula. It was a blast on flat ground or with a sllight incline, but these areas are few and far between around here.
Why did you have to walk it? Dead battery? Did the bike not have a low enough gear to pedal?
I don't know all that much about bikes, and even less about electric bikes. I know the Schwin Bike that the system is on has 24 gears and I had it in the lowest possible gear and full power assist but I was still wiped after a short distance back to my house. There was only one bar left on the battery meter but I thought this shoudn't affect lithiums. Any recomendations on a bike or kit that can handle it out here?

[/img]
So far on Maui or any where else with long hills This is the only type of LIGHT WEIGHT motor system that will make it on the trips here that you will recognise.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=ecyclemaui
Tell Scott Hi.

Attachments

• 7 lbSwingArmMotor3SpeedTrans.jpg
    7 lbSwingArmMotor3SpeedTrans.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,063
Back