OpenSource Handheld Controller (E-go similar)

akiraEC said:
Really nice Badwolf !!
If only HK Europe was not out of stock of GT2B ... :roll:

Thanks!

I have started buying my GT2Bs from this seller on eBay, its fast and cheaper once you calculate the shipping with Hobbyking:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251605321114

BadWolf said:
I have started buying my GT2Bs from this seller on eBay, its fast and cheaper once you calculate the shipping with Hobbyking:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251605321114

Thank you VERY much !! great tip !
I just sent him a mail for the shipping costs to France.
If it works, I ll print it ASAP.

You can also get it for about $31 bucks from Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/FlySky-FS-GT2B-2-4GHz-3-Channel-Transmitter/dp/B00FS2U9BA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436735299&sr=8-1&keywords=gt2b

It's the same price on HobbyKing comes out to about $30 w/ shipping.

BadWolf said:
Hey guys,

I've finally uploaded the new version to thingiverse (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:922378).
Unfortunately I haven't been able to spend as much time on it as I would like to, in other words: you still have to desolder the usb-jack and move it.

Some of the updates are:
- Original screws to hold the case together (now you only need to supply 2 x 3m screws + nuts for the pcb and potentiometer)
- Using existing powerswitch with a printed extension
- Can accommodate the included 800mah battery
- Hole for the bind button
- A few mm slimmer then v1 and with lots rounded edges for a more comfortable grip

IMG_20150712_191054_preview_featured.jpg

Thank you so much for this. I do not post here very often and just lurk as I am building...

But I must say, this is something that really is critical to improving my experience with this project.

Your offerings to this group is priceless.

Thanks!

mccloed said:
You can also get one here http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-fsgt2b-2ch-car.html

Can't wait to print version 2! Thanks Badwolf!

I just ordered up one and a 800mah battery thanks for the link!

Looking at those designs, I was wondering if it could be good to protect the trigger a bit better.
I am worried that I would brake the trigger if I fall ...

HAving some material around the trigger (like the following picture) would not make it much more bulky and would protect the trigger.

H_feat_new_unique_SADA_trigger_system.jpg

What do you think ?

akiraEC said:
Looking at those designs, I was wondering if it could be good to protect the trigger a bit better.
I am worried that I would brake the trigger if I fall ...
HAving some material around the trigger (like the following picture) would not make it much more bulky and would protect the trigger.
H_feat_new_unique_SADA_trigger_system.jpg

What do you think ?

Hm.. Thats an interesting idea
I've never actually fallen off my board (yet) so I haven't seen that as a very useful feature, the transmitter would also have to land with the trigger pointing to the ground (very unlikely). But the files are up on thingiverse if you want to remix it =D

Hi, it might be a stupid question but this is my first experience with 3D printing and because I don't own a printer I am going to pay some 3D printing company to make this for me. Most of the companies I found online ask what is the unit used (centimiters, millimeters or inches), I tried to look in the previous posts but I can't find the answer, could you please let me know.

Thanks

Tamatoa said:
Hi, it might be a stupid question but this is my first experience with 3D printing and because I don't own a printer I am going to pay some 3D printing company to make this for me. Most of the companies I found online ask what is the unit used (centimiters, millimeters or inches), I tried to look in the previous posts but I can't find the answer, could you please let me know.

Thanks

Not a stupid question at all! The STL-files are all in mm

Badwolf - you are the man! I'm going to have to order another TX and get this built! How and where do you relocate the USB for charging? That's the only part i'm a bit hesitant about...

Also, I like the trigger guard idea. Not necessarily just for dropping it, but more for being able to put it in your pocket and not have it get hung up (even when powered off).

Im having this printed up at shapeways.com. lead time is about two weeks for shipping...

some of my local printers on makexyz were having issues with printing this, here is a direct response I received from one in particular.

Hey James,

I can't print this right now. My printer is going the way of a high volume printer with 0.6 - 1.2mm nozzles. Even the 0.4mm nozzle on my previous head had trouble printing this, there are some areas, like the mating surfaces that are less than 0.4mm and do not print at all.

I could print this if I redesigned it, or designed a new one based on your requirements.. but that doesn't sound like where you're going.This would be a great print for shapeways, as they can print thin walls like this very strong.

so off to shapeways I went...

I will report back on my build after complete.

hey there,

I finally decided to prototype a carbon fiber/epoxy enclosure for my GT2B. I have the walkthrough actually in french (will translate it soon) but as there are many pictures/photos; this gives you an idea of the steps I am going through. I am learning will doing !

http://www.e-sk8.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23

some photos exported:

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3423.jpg

IMG_3415.jpg

and a short un molding video.

[youtube]r1x9U2MOR_c[/youtube]

this is not finished yet, but should be today!

Yeah this Is really great to have a maker like okp for our french community, Just because not all people (like me) fully understand English, especialy when it comes to technical.

thanks ! this one was really a DIY learning by trying. I am going to optimize it and will make a silicon mold of the finished product. Wish I could have a 3D printer ! But I spent my money on this new vanguard project!

one thing I would like to point out is that carbon is conductive ...! When finished, I had a weird issue with the signal... and in fact the antenna had just unsoldered few days ago. I tried to re solder it... but even well soldered, it's no more working. Hopefully I had another GT2B around... replaced it. Works fine at this time.

So be careful with the GT2B antenna... it is really really fragile.

ps: I put stickers on the videos/photos according to friends recommandations; in case people use these images on their commercial site; this is not an advertisement for the blog (which is already in my signature so no need to overdo it!) and no willing to break any of the forum rules. thanks!

Weird as it sounds, find that Badwolfs design feels most comfortable with two fingers below the trigger and one above, with the middle finger pulling the throttle. Just pulling the throttle is not too bad with a normal grip, but engaging the brake is not as comfortable as the ladder, may have something to do with my middle finger being longer and being able to use the throttles motion easier. Only problem is keeping the bottom two fingers from sliding up into the trigger all the time. Am going to rivet a nice little Velcro strap to hold my fingers in place so that my middle finger can be in complete control.
Am not sure if there is anything that can be done about this with the controller since there is really only one simple mounting point for the throttle. How does the controller feel to others who had the V2 printed?

Back