Owners manual artwork give me your opinions

voodoojar

100 W
I'm working on a new owner's manual for my skateboards and I really want to make something that reflects the style and attention to detail I put into my boards. Let me know which is you favorite/least favorite and why.
Il5kPqA.jpg

My favorites are #'s 1 and 2. They are attractive backgrounds and allow for a crisp outline around your boards. Nicely done!

Thanks for the critique so far, I'll keep working on the designs. I talked to the printer and my new idea is maybe have a unique manual for each color board. So if you order a green board you get a green manual.

voodoojar said:
Thanks for the critique so far, I'll keep working on the designs. I talked to the printer and my new idea is maybe have a unique manual for each color board. So if you order a green board you get a green manual.

I figured that was what you were going for.

1 and 3 look really nice. If I could say though that the lighting could be a bit better in the actual picture of the board as it seems to kind of stick out unnaturally here.

1 looks really nice. however, too many font colors.
look at your other ones where the font colors are consistent...those are less distracting than font colors in #1

The lighter background of 1,3, and 5 show the outline of the board better. However I like the color combibations of 2 and 3 the best. I'll ask my daughter to give her opinion. She's the expert these days. :)

#3 luv the board (my favorite), but the background is not in the pink (girly) theme. It needs to be "fun & zany".
#4 the grey board is so bland compared to the others, but folks want neutral so it needs its place.

Wow! Went to your site and am impressed! Good pricepoint, small board niche appeal, and excellent presentation (love the video :twisted:).

I think 1,2 are the best. #5,3 I don't like at all.

2 has a better pop than 1 but 1 looks a lot smoother.

Thanks for the help guys. I reworked number 1 to make it pop a bit more since overall it seems like that's the one people like most. I decided to just print these out on a cheap color printer since every digital printer I've talked to wants close to $7.00 each for a booklet, which is crazy.

No one really cares too much about the manual as long as it is well detailed and colorful and has pictures! :D

$7 per booklet is just money down the toilet when nobody bother to read it.
i have a better idea, a cd with a pdf manual on it. or just a piece of paper with 1 simple line "for manual and support please visit our website......."
eventually you will probably have a FAQ section on your website anyway where people can just CTRL F to find the info they need. flipping through a manual is just 1990s.

Agree printed manuals are yesterdays tech.. just have a downloadable pdf on your website.

i like your video as well.. informative without being boring, and techy without being...err...boring

also the carving looks awesome.

Great job

i second that online is the way to go cause if you lose your personal copy you still need to go online to find it. but most people read it once then it becomes garbage.

Back