P R O J E C T "Y" KILLABICYCLE World record 17 june 2009

bikeraider said:
Hey Doc,

It's real nice job but for your position of riding be careful because your pants and shoes seems really close at the rear wheel, add a protection of some kind for this issues otherwise everything is excellent ;)

Salut Doc tout es parfait mais je suis un peut inquiet car ton pantalon et tes souliers semble vraiment très proche de te roue arrière donc essais d'avoir une protection pour ca aussi, il ne faudrait pas que ca prenne dans la roue à 60 Km/h et plus…

Take care my friend and July 3 is coming really soon ;)
Bikeraider

Yes, Thanks Bruno, it's on my todolist :mrgreen:

Can't wait for the vid!

If you can get up on the pegs and lift your back up.. so that the air can travel along the curvature of your back, that may help your MPH. ET a little bit too. Or if you can't lift your body up off of the swingarm footpegs maybe make your seat higher. Some 125gp guys would sit up out of the seat down the straits to pick up a couple mph.. so credit goes to them if it helps. You probably already checked for suspension clearance on that bat box eh.. either way I guess it wouldn't matter for drag runs.

Looking good, Doc!
Nice to see that pile of A123 getting ready to throw out the amps and your aero enhancements should get you to up to speed. I'll guess maybe 108 KM/H at the end of the quarter?

Salut, Doc,

Have you seen this canopy from Blue Sky Design?

re_cov_500.jpg

I'm really enjoying your progress here, man! Keep it coming! :mrgreen:

Now that is how to make an A123 pack! I love it! No extra resistance in that pack!

May want to run double passes of 4awg wire for each power lead. If you keep the voltage just 1.5v higher, it would be an extra 375w when you're pulling 250amps. That's an extra half a HP just for running 2 extra wires.

Great work with the whole project! I can't wait to see it run!

Best Wishes,
-Luke

BTW Kurt,

Did you check your mail i would like to know how you are going with the double currie motor??
MJ

Are you going to trim the flat edges around the front bubble off?

Bryan

Awww crap - missed you already mentioned it..
:oops:

That last bike would definitely need a wheelie bar.

Tonight i'm turning into real zombie!!! :shock: :arrow: :!: :wink: :lol: :p :x

Assembling TWO 24s BMS from Gary..... IN ONE NIGHT ( i only need two 14s BMS but i decided to do all the job done in case where i would get more voltage!

and until the 17 june...
I still need to:
-measure cut and assemble the fairing 15hours
-finish assembling battery with BMS 5hours
-assembling Anderson connector for serie or parallel mode(charging 50.4V) 2hours
-finding a fast way to get a working controller up to 125-150A 10hours+
-instaling the cycle analyst, twist grip, 1hour
-adding a bender to thesingle speed chain 2hours
-adjustig the rear brake 0.5hours
-testing at various speed up to 100km/h 10hours

Still alot of work to do!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Doc

Doctorbass said:
Tonight i'm turning into real zombie!!! :shock: :arrow: :!: :wink: :lol: :p :x

Assembling TWO 24s BMS from Gary..... IN ONE NIGHT ( i only need two 14s BMS but i decided to do all the job done in case where i would get more voltage!

and until the 17 june...
I still need to:
-measure cut and assemble the fairing 15hours
-finish assembling battery with BMS 5hours
-assembling Anderson connector for serie or parallel mode(charging 50.4V) 2hours
-finding a fast way to get a working controller up to 125-150A 10hours+
-instaling the cycle analyst, twist grip, 1hour
-adding a bender to thesingle speed chain 2hours
-adjustig the rear brake 0.5hours
-testing at various speed up to 100km/h 10hours

Still alot of work to do!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Doc

Doc you are CRAZY!!! 2 bms in on night .. i barley did one in a day .. Every part you have to ensure soldered properly! .. if something isn't .. it will cause you more time to trouble shoot .. these diy bms .. Are very FINIKY EXREAMLY!!!

good luck oin getting your work done.. I wish i could be there to help you on the crazy project!

-steveo

Thanks Bikeraider.. but i just can't take any vacations.. I have a Bi i i i i i g task list to do until 16 june!

it's like i work on the project up to 4am and have hard days at work.. we have big rush now... ... sleeping is now part of my dreams... lol

STEVEO, i just finished to test them today.. all worked fine the first time!!!! no trouble shoot!!.. alot simpler than an infineon controller that we upgrade!! :roll:

My goal today is to finish the battery pack and BM'S assemble and anderson big connectors

my configuration will be:

A battery made of two 14s 4p packs that have each their 14s BMS... when i'll connect the battery in serie for the run and connect the charger input in parallel for charging ( but to parallel i'll disconnect the serie link between both packs fior sure!)

The only problem is with the LVC common ground that would have like 45V difference between both 14s pack... but dor drag race.. I SHOULD NOT NEED ANY LVC :lol: :D so.... the BMS will be used to charge only...

ok.. let's go back to work! :twisted:

While moving was checking out my receiver amp that's over ten years old. Wouldn't work, so I took it apart. This might be interesting for you. White stuff is where SCRs or FETs were attached.

Attachments

• Heat sink.JPG
    Heat sink.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 4,148
  • Heat sink 2.JPG
    Heat sink 2.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 4,147
Hey Doc,

Maybe for next year...... i know that X5's run crap on DELTA. so here is the next trick in my evil plan

View attachment 3

2 sets of 2 turn windings. all terminated separatetly. the open spaces were opened up a bit. then 6 relays were installed into the open spaces of the stator. once i get the wiring from the dual phase coils over to here:

image002.jpg

:) i should be able to switch all of them between series/parallel winding connections at the flip of a handlebar mounted switch. a 5304 that changes to a 5302 at the touch of a button.

anyway thats the idea. the relays i have are only rated 30A. they'll do for a proof of concept test anyways. in practice 2 of the contacts are always in parallel so it should double my contact rating. if it works, i'll go get some 50A sealed-marine relays. then we'll have some fun.

rick

Great test Rick! i'll try that soon.. but now until 17 june.. I HAVE NO ENOUGH TIME! :shock:

KILLABICYCLE POWER TEST! :twisted:

Modified Infineon tested !!!

MAX current 148A.. minimum volt 93V total power: 13764Watt in a 5302!

Speed test measurement coming!!!

just 3 more days. i can't wai to see what happens.

i'm half way through wiring up the relays. i just realised that i don't have a controller or battery pack ready to go. i'll have to fix one of the 12FET V1's i have and assemble the pack.

lucky for me with the PSI cells all i need to do is bolt it together.

rick

i'll be waiting for a link to the Video.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

NEW DATA COMING FROM LAST TEST :twisted: :

172.3A at 88V drop ( crazy A123 :mrgreen: ) 15162Watts

The max speed recorded: WITH STILL INCREDIBLE TORQUE AVAILLABLE: 84.7kph I did not goes faster cause it was on a normal blvrd with PUT HOLES!!

That beast will certainly beat the actual world record guys!!! :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Motor temp after 30sec run: 72celsius.. .and the controller came hot at 55 degree C

INFINEON 18 FETS REALLY ROCK !!!!

Doc

You are so very wonderful. You are the leading edge of the world of e-bike speed and power cababilities.
Your genius and persistence of vision and energy, bring ALL of us to think: nothing is impossible for the man with real attributes.

You rock us all, you change the world. Makers will copy your innovations in time. You are... I have no more words of praise,
my vocabulary fails me now.

And there you are: THE most exciting ebike builder in the world.

PS: everybody knows how to say "wow wow wow", but very few of us realize how vital it is to inure the genius against self doubts:
affirm to him that he IS unique and IS (in this case) a pioneer of the very rarest kind: he takes his life to risk every day, for excitement, yes,
but also to PROVE his brain and his testicles are first-rate. This is the very best form of egotism. Egotism is VITAL to human progress,
or we'd be sitting around camp fires, spit-turning mutton joints and eating with bare hands and dying of smallpox, etc before age forty.
Doctor bass (as in BASS SPEAKER) is the ballsiest guy in all of ebiking, in the world. And so modest and kind, yet EXCITED to share his discoveries, failures and great, eventual successes. This is so rare. One Doctorbass among six billion human beings. Kudos, sir.
I INSIST to assure you that you are valued and apppreciated by all. This is not arse-kissing, but recognition, like a laurel given by ancient Greeks to their most-prime inventors, scientists, and fearless atheletes. You, DB, are all of them, yet living and living LARGE today, forever.Truth!

PPS: do not warble "oh thank you reid". You owe me nothing. I see and feel all. I must help sustain your life-force in this small way:
an award of words, cheap, simple words: they mean so much to the man or woman who puts his or her life on the line for human progress.

Reid

PSS: I note in grabbing the url for this posting, that it is read number 1,600 of this thread.
In valleygirl text talk, we call this sort of number here, "OMG!!!!!". He is so loved and respected.

Just 2 build days left before the big day. i'm so excited for DOC!.

on one hand i want all the gory details, pictures, video etc. hourly updates etc. the usual voyueristic stuff

on the other hand i know that doc must feel serious time pressures to get it all ready. i'll understand if he does not post until after the event

rick

Damn i wish i was there to support him in person.
but.. if he doesn't get us pictures/video by the night of the 18th though....

rkosiorek said:
Just 2 build days left before the big day. i'm so excited for DOC!.

on one hand i want all the gory details, pictures, video etc. hourly updates etc. the usual voyueristic stuff

on the other hand i know that doc must feel serious time pressures to get it all ready. i'll understand if he does not post until after the event

rick

Damn i wish i was there to support him in person.
but.. if he doesn't get us pictures/video by the night of the 18th though....

Yeah.. and... maybe a bit more presure: I contacted:

Radio Canada, TVA, Discovery Channel, And many newspapers....... :shock: :lol:

Doc

Back