• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Pictures of my bikes/ updated

bike with trailer[/img] sorry about the delay, found some batteries on work bench for camera. :wink:

Attachments

• bikes 001.jpg
    bikes 001.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 787
  • bikes 002.jpg
    bikes 002.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 769
  • bikes 003.jpg
    bikes 003.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 776
I just bought the trailer yesterday, My girlfriend , myself and her 2 children all went for a ride to the local mall to try everything out. Was about 35 celcius outside and very humid, Bought some beer , wine , gift for the teacher, frozen pizza, some ice cream etc. all fit in the little trunk. The bike with the heavy trailer had quite a bit of momentum, over heated the controller and it shut down about half way back so had to peddle back. could manage 20 km/h peddling. Today we are going to try a 30 km round trip to professors lake, a local spot, with a nice beach etc. When I first bought the electric bike and was driving by my girlfriends house with my EV grin, she confessed she was thinking "where did it all go wrong". However after yesterdays little trial run, the kids and her just love the whole setup now. :shock:

newbie electric rider said:
The bike with the heavy trailer had quite a bit of momentum, over heated the controller and it shut down about half way back so had to peddle back. could manage 20 km/h peddling.

Where is the controller, I can't tell from the pictures? It's not inside the bag with the batteries is it?

yes it is, which would probably explain the overheating, my bad . I just havent figured out a setup, that could keep everything stealthy and dry and ventilated. Will post better pictures with better camera.

Pulling trailer up a slight hill, with 2 kids and all the picnic stuff. I was peddling at the time in first gear (true, I swear ) and totaled my derailer some how, it got caught up in the spokes broke one and my derailer was all bent, one of the gears on it was missing a tooth, and was cracked. So went to bike shop where i bought it, and got a new derailer, it was the wrong one. So i bent the old one back into shape put on a new gear.
I think the point is, I should of bought a better bike with better components.

If you look carefully on the derailer you will find 2 tiny screws that set the MAX and MIN movement of the detailer, you need to make sure it's set to prevent it from going into the spokes on the slowest gear.

If you don't have a bike stand and you lean it against a building etc.. make sure you don't bend your derailer in towards the wheel.. that happens sometimes too.. a bent derailer hanger usually prevents you from pedaling backwards smoothly.. if it rickety racks when you pedal backwards.. it's still bent ! lol

yeah, it ricky racky when pedaling backwards, only have first gear now too. off to lbm,

Some close up pictures of what I have come up with. (after reading and looking at hundreds of post on E.V.S. ) Any ideas for improvements much appreciated.

Attachments

• bike 2 003.jpg
    bike 2 003.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 766
  • bike 2 009.jpg
    bike 2 009.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 766
  • bike 2 005.jpg
    bike 2 005.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 768
Back