poll: do you wish for higher fuel prices or lower

what would you wish for please voice your opinion

• higher fuel prices becase it would move us faster to renewable "green" energy

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • lower fuel prices because oil companys make to much as it is

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • let the free market decide its the only fair way to go

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
Yeah, that's kinda my view too. Our environment really is such a complex and dynamic system, it's difficult to predict with any certainty whether a particular change will have the effect you suspect or whether it will result in something else entirely. I suppose you could say that the water that's normally evaporating off lakes/oceans etc will continue to do so at the same rate, but that the addition of each automobile will add to this rate by XXX amount and that increase will have the affect of absorbing more heat from the sun than normal (think about what happens in a very dry environment like a desert at night vs. a very humid environment) The humid environments tend to hold the heat in and ultimately act to moderate the temperatures. In fact, I was listening to one guy recently that proposes that any increase in global temperature results in a subsequent increase in evaporation rates which ultimately increase cloud cover and therefore serve to cool the earth by an amount equal to the original temperature increase. IOW, it's a dynamically balanced system.

Back