Possible purchase Biktrix Juggernaut

I currently have an aging, but still usable Aerobic Cruiser. I like it because the peddling chain is separate from the rear hub drive chain. There are not many options when it comes to replacement. One of the few I found was the Biktrix Juggernaut Hub Duo. It is powerful and expensive, but it seems to meet my goal of separate drive and peddling mechanisms. Can anyone offer any feedback on my choice, or do you have any other recommendations. Thank you in advance.

There are many factory ebikes that have a motor built into the wheel and a separate peddling mechanism. The choices are not limited at all. It depends on what other features you are looking for: Folding, range, power, style, etc. Rad Power bikes are popular and have hub motors. Juiced is another popular brand with hub motors. Most of the cheap ebikes on Amazon have hub motors. This forum is more for DIY ebikes. Ebikes.ca (Grin) have excellent hub motor kits for converting regular bicycles.

I currently have an aging, but still usable Aerobic Cruiser. I like it because the peddling chain is separate from the rear hub drive chain. There are not many options when it comes to replacement. One of the few I found was the Biktrix Juggernaut Hub Duo. It is powerful and expensive, but it seems to meet my goal of separate drive and peddling mechanisms. Can anyone offer any feedback on my choice, or do you have any other recommendations. Thank you in advance.
I don't really understand the limitation: When I look up "Aerobic Cruiser" I find pages like this
which show a standard configuration of hubmotor in the rear wheel with a singlespeed freewheel for the pedal chain on it. ***
1708666006405.png 1708666426240.png
Pretty much every hubmotored bike out there that has pedals that drive a chain (or belt) to one of the wheels works this way; the motor may be on the front, or the back.

So, I'd say there are thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, of options for bikes that meet this single requirement of a hubmotor and pedals with chain to a wheel.

If you have other specific requirements the bike must meet that you haven't specified that limit to you bikes like the BJ, you'll need to state all of those for us to help you find options.

Depending on what's wrong with the AC bike that's making you want to replace it, there's also likely to be many options for repair rather than replacement, if you like it. If it's the gear problem with the MAC that you had here:
you could replace the whole motor with the GMAC from ebikes.ca or you may be able to just get the planet assembly from them, which may be directly swappable or you could just move the gears over (assuming the GMAC gears are the same as the MAC gears; you can check with them about that).

*** (it has a jackshaft in the pedal chain rather than direct connection, presumably because of engineering choices for the suspension design, but that doesn't change the basic setup)

Depending on what's wrong with the AC bike that's making you want to replace it, there's also likely to be many options for repair rather than replacement, if you like it.
This is also an option. I have a non-electric bicycle from the 1970's that I have maintained and replaced most of the components on that still rides like new. It is one of my favorite bikes to ride.

Back