E.R.T \ Alan Hu nightmare.

Posted in another thread but I'll post here too, since a comment I made in your thread on ESFB with this same opening post LevLeon is what inspired Alan to insult, continue to lie to and gaslight me, and now blacklist me from his shop while editing his store policies after-the-fact just for me. :lol: Good riddance!

I'd already seen reports like yours of other ERT buys gone wrong, and a handful of reports where customers actually got what they ordered just several months later, so I suspected Alan's issues were intermittent supply chain problems. Since his custom display looks nice and would save me time implementing a more personalized system through the Cycle Analyst for my BAC8000, I thought, well, I'll give him a try and as much leeway as possible without allowing myself to get scammed-- I'm patient, and believe in second chances. I should have listened to the other horror stories. Alan has what looks like a cool display, but he is a narcissistic pathological liar without remorse.

In short, Alan lied to me about having inventory in stock before I ordered, then lied to me four times about when he'd ship my order. Never responded at his webshop email, I had to track him down on FB to get lied to. Finally I told him a month in advance I'd file a chargeback at the latest possible time but would be open to trying again when he has inventory in stock, who doesn't deserve a 5th chance. Well that date came and went too, so I filed a chargeback. Never heard back. When I later detailed this experience on ESFB in a thread of similar experiences, he commented there denying having ever made those promises to me and said all I had to do was message him, he's got everything in stock, and got upset at me for filing a chargeback like I had told him I would have to do a month in advance-- he had assured me I'd "get it way before then". When I posted logs showing that I was patient with him in our chats and had already tried messaging him repeatedly, he blacklisted me from his webshop out of pettiness, adding a new policy to the site just for me even as I offered to give him one more chance to redeem himself. Links to backups of his website are below showing this and our chats. His store policy now says, do not attempt to fail a claim or chargeback, even if we do not respond, please keep trying. We are extremely busy with development and order fulfillment. Once you file a dispute or chargeback, you will be permanently blocked/blacklisted from purchasing from us as well as all our distributors in the future. So think very carefully before you decide to do it. We have better things to do than scam your money.

Apparently not as this and other threads show I may never have gotten anything if I didn't bail at the latest possible time. Good riddance, and a good motivation to do the work to adapt a product that actually has customer support, an open-source and more reliable OLED design, the esteemed Justin Le's Cycle Analyst. All too happy to support Justin instead, be able to use a shunt as a couloumb-meter, and use hardware switch controls instead of a touchscreen.

Here's links to our chats in FB messenger, on ESFB, and cached pages of his webshop showing that he changed his policies just for me. I would have no hard feelings if he'd just be honest, or show even the tiniest bit of remorse instead of acting like I'm blessed to have the chance to be lied to and gaslit. How dare I mention he lied to me repeatedly in a thread of other people he lied repeatedly to, or be dissatisfied that I got nothing but lies for months instead of a product or any straight communication... :roll: This guy is a snake. Worst buying experience of my life even before the gaslighting.
https://imgur.com/a/DAxraTY
https://imgur.com/a/dAKCMLq
https://imgur.com/a/MIXzDru

People should start contacting the states attorney or something and get this guy charged with fraud and interstate commerce infractions.

xenodius said:
Good riddance, and a good motivation to do the work to adapt a product that actually has customer support, an open-source and more reliable OLED design, the esteemed Justin Le's Cycle Analyst. All too happy to support Justin instead, be able to use a shunt as a couloumb-meter, and use hardware switch controls instead of a touchscreen.
If you mean that the CA has OLED, and is open-source, it has/is neither of those things.

If you mean you want to start a project to create a CA that is OS with an OLED, you should start a thread for it and get cracking. ;)

amberwolf said:
xenodius said:
Good riddance, and a good motivation to do the work to adapt a product that actually has customer support, an open-source and more reliable OLED design, the esteemed Justin Le's Cycle Analyst. All too happy to support Justin instead, be able to use a shunt as a couloumb-meter, and use hardware switch controls instead of a touchscreen.
If you mean that the CA has OLED, and is open-source, it has/is neither of those things.

If you mean you want to start a project to create a CA that is OS with an OLED, you should start a thread for it and get cracking. ;)

Yes. :lol:

I actually had thought it was open source, since I recalled seeing some custom firmwares e.g. for Justin's 40mph eboard he took to Burning Man. But I see I was mistaken. Regardless the CA has a lot of design choices I admire, and is universally compatible. However, I decided that I'm not willing to compromise on this build whatsoever some time ago. To that end, it's unacceptable to run a second external shunt when the BAC8000 has an extremely accurate internal shunt already, and readily accessible serial lines. And there is no way to quickly edit key parameters of the BAC8000 e.g. field weakening, phase/battery current without a serial interface. QS205 saturates at ~220 phase but with my mods 450 phase amps won't overheat. So I wanted at least 3 profiles-- legal, no saturation or field weakening for efficiency, and max power wheelie mode :lol:

I'll start a thread once I iron out some kinks, but I'm already well on my way to developing a Python-based serial display/interface for ASI controllers. I have a few kinks to work out with threading and handling asynchronous serial I/O but all the essential functions already work, they just don't play nice with each other yet-- I can retune whole profiles at the push of a button to improve efficiency while still having insane power immediately available, interpolate and integrate wh or ah from shunt current readings get and log instantaneous trip wh/mi, etc. Probably there is still lots of debugging and testing ahead but I'm pretty excited about it. I'm implementing a trip function that will allow you to define a needed range, and have the display limit instantaneous wh/mi to ensure you can go that far. The modbus RTC serial interface parses the ASIObjectDictionary.xml for a given version to generate the addresses so it's forward compatible as they update the controller itself.

For my unit I'll be using a 7.8" e-ink display ("fast refresh" at 4hz, 1872x1404) with a touchscreen overlay, on a raspberry pi 4. This will give me a very fast but still low power computer for tons of other features as I can develop them-- e.g. arm/disarm my lowjack and BAC8000 antitheft via touchscreen and password input through GPIO, loop record from wide-angle HD cam with auto-backup through my home wifi. Updates to the device can be done over wifi ssh as well. Picore will serve as a super-lightweight OS with ~7 second boot time, that will not be corrupted when power is cut without warning since it runs entirely from memory. I'm using PyQT5 for the GUI, so I'll be able to distribute a library of widgets that can be dragged/dropped/styled into any arrangement for any display using the standalone multiplatform QT Designer gui application. I have designed it to interface with the following widgets so far:

1. Time of day
2. Battery SOC
3. Peak voltage drop over x seconds
4. Controller fault codes
5. Instantaneous or trip average wh/mi
6. Wh or Ah
7. Trip distance
8. Estimated range
9. Trip range slider
10. Trip % regen wh
11. Speed (mph or kmh, analog gauge or column bar and/or text)
12. Power (kW, analog gauge or column bar and/or text
13. Profile selector radiobuttons (retunes any number of any variables)
14. Digital assist levels 0-9 via slider/increment buttons.

When its all done setup should be as easy as flashing custom image to sd, expanding partition and optionally connecting to wifi. The Pi Zero W would be plenty fast as well and is quite small and cheap. However, I may see about adapting the program to Arduino/Circuitpython after I've got the Pi sorted out, for a smaller, lower-power, instant-on minimalist display that relies on hardware buttons for e.g. switching profiles or assist levels. I don't mind a 7 second boot time but others might. The memory limitations may be tricky though and for sure it would be text-only e.g. CA. No room for graphics.

Hopefully, it will be useful for others with a Phaserunner or other ASI controller, and not just me :wink:

I went ahead and made a thread to get feature requests/feedback; https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108580&p=1594761#p1594761
Basically I made a lot of progress at first, then realized I'd need to learn a looooot about Python to make it all work properly. Weeks later, I think I finally understand what I need to do to make it work-- which will require using a different MODBUS module. So, coming slowly but surely, now.

district9prawn said:
thender said:
He said ASI doesn't allow end consumers of resellers credentials to log into their controllers. Ok, fine, but why are you programming controllers to do this?

Have you got a copy of the ASI pc software? A login is not required to program the controller over the serial interface.

Where can I find the PC software? Thanks!

Back