• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Programming a generic SW900 compatible controller

gpenchev

1 µW
Hi all, my first post here. I reside in Bulgaria and have never ending passion for tech and vehicles.

I'm building my own e bike on the lowest cost possible. Since it's a lot more to the project than the sake of having an e bike I'm basically DYIing most of the stuff. Bike is a Scott Gambler DH version as that's the closest to a dirtbike I could get (also built myself). Not too long ago I purchased 3 Stromer rear hubs sold for parts for virtually no money. I cracked one open took the standard controller out soldered thick phase wires and hall wires and started the mounting process. I'm gonna skip the battery welding and other boring stuff. So week ago was bike's maiden voyage. Got it out and I was amazed of how well it pulled.

IMG_7119.JPG

I use a 40Amp controller with SW900 display, 60V - 16S5P LG MG1 10Amp cells and the Stromer UltraMotor. I get about 30km of range - not bad considering I weight 104kg (~220lbs). Motor looks beefy but I can't find proper specs anywhere so I want to push it harder to see what happens. It gets warm but nowhere near it's limit. I'm planning to get more cells and build a 20S8P setup. For that reason I'm gonna need to modify my controller.

I use SW900 setup mode to go into setting and tweak the max current setting, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've read that some of them control the current automatically (whatever that means).

So my question is does anybody know PC software to which I may be able to hook up to the controller and get more settings? I wan't to try to configure before going down the path of modifying the shunts and tweak it hardware-wise.

I'd appreciate your help! :)

Attachments

• IMG_7180.JPG
    IMG_7180.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_7182.JPG
    IMG_7182.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_7183.JPG
    IMG_7183.JPG
    301.5 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_7178.JPG