QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

fullonoob said:
yes the extra$$ is worth it for the v3

Don´t you think that for 4kW the V2 isn´t enough??? I really don´t need such a beast. For me the QS 205 V3 seems to be like the Crystalyte 5403... #undestroyable

-Cheers, Elias

fullonoob said:

+1

Get the Extra type, you have enough battery to use the hub motor for over an hour and the v3 will handle current/heat better and cost like 20 bucks extra. -.-

gensem said:
fullonoob said:

+1

Get the Extra type, you have enough battery to use the hub motor for over an hour and the v3 will handle current/heat better and cost like 20 bucks extra. -.-

Ok you have convinced me :)

-Cheers and thanks to all of you :)

-Elias

DasDouble said:
gensem said:
fullonoob said:

+1

Ok you have convinced me :)

-Cheers and thanks to all of you :)

-Elias

It will also have longer life span. :twisted:

Hi all I need help. What do I set this yep probe at in the ca? It's not a 10k. I've been searching for ages and found nothing. I know the type but no idea. I need voltage at 0 deg c and volts per degree.

Thanks

bigsi said:
Hi all I need help. What do I set this yep probe at in the ca? It's not a 10k. I've been searching for ages and found nothing. I know the type but no idea. I need voltage at 0 deg c and volts per degree.

Thanks

I believe it is a KTY 83/122 temp probe, it will work with the Max-E.

Offroader said:
Does QSMOTOR sell an equivalent hubmotor to the MXUS 3000W?

I wanted to buy the MXUS 3000 too for the first. But now I buy the 205. Also made for 3000watt. But better :)

Doctorbass said:
Vito ! My next motor order will be for a QS 205 for sure!!

lol I recommanded these to many friends that bought these but still not have tried any yet! :lol:
I feel these motor will save alot of time! No need for: upgrade phase wires, replace bearings, reglue magnets... etc!

Doc

Thank you so much for your support, Doctorbass.
Some customers bought QS Motor base on your advise. : )

Best Regards

litespeed said:
Vito,

I'll be the first to do the 18" rear with 205 V3 and 19" front. Let me know when your ready to go. Are you going to offer the 273 V3 in rims as well?

Tom

Thank you for your interest on 205 V3 motor.
The 18" rear and 19" front wheel is avaialbe now.
For 273 V3 motor, we woule rather to provide rare hub motor firstly.
Thank you for your understanding in advnace.

Best Regards

Offroader said:
Does QSMOTOR sell an equivalent hubmotor to the MXUS 3000W?

Thank you for your question.
So far, I don't think we sell motor to MXUS 3000W.
The MXUS 3000W motor seems like V1 type.

Here is the link of Pictures in details about QS 205 50H 3kW Spoke Motor/Comparing with MXUS & Cromotor (thank to ridethelightning)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=65972&start=100#p1046512

Best Regards

Hi thanks for that but what do I set the ca at? Thanks

bigsi said:
Hi thanks for that but what do I set the ca at? Thanks

OK, I looked into this and found this post with someone asking the same question.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=958900#p958900

And the response right below it.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=958905#p958905

You are going to have to read the Cycle analyst manual, section 5.7, and set it up manually. It is all explained there in the section. Read down to Example Using a Resistive Device (KTY81-210)

Basically you are going to have to set it up as a PTC type device, and use the KTY-83 / 110 series link for your temp probe data. Then you use the example in the Cycle Analyst manual, 5.7 section to figure out the values to add to the cycle analyst. Remember the example in the cycle analyst manual is for a KTY-81 - 210 so your temp probe may be different, so use the values from the KTY 83 datasheet! I would double check with QSMOTOR to make sure you have a KTY83/110.

Good luck figuring it all out.

@Vito - have you guys followed the cooling threads of hub motors here on ES?
Some good news is coming. It seems Ferro Fluid will keep the magnetic oil (FF) stuck'd to the magnets. Even during motor rotations. Nice clean no-leak solution to give effective cooling to hubmotors without drilling holes into the side covers. Keeping the motor shielded and closed is good to prevent dirt, debris and water to get inside the motor.

I am so excited about the Ferro Fluid as cooling fluid for hubmotors and it seems the FF cools really good so that should mean longer lasting motors even when run @ higher power then standard. It seems FF will keep motor cool and thereby avoid demagnetization cause by overheating the hubmotor.

The reason for posting this in your thread is that I was thinking you could maybe check with your engineers to see if there is anything inside the QS motors that might react in a negative way on Ferro Fluid. I am thinking; adhesive, copper, magnets, stator lams, wire isolation, and of course the Hall sensors.

If you could check with them engineers if they have any knowledge of anything that might lead to early failure of parts do to contact with Ferro Fluid oil. And if they think contact with FF might lead to premature failure of any internals, will coating of the inside of the hub with the now well known red coating someone already has done one the internal help to better shield the motors internal components? Here is Roadrash's red internals:
file.php

I am thinking probably the only thing needed to remove vast amount of heat from hubmotors is flat black paint to aid radiation heat removal and Ferro Fluid oil inside the motor. And for me it seems that these steps taken will be well worth taken for those who plan on overvolting or dumping vast amount of current from controller during OVS for 25-30% extra top speed.

Read more about the latest tests (now done while running a home made wind tunnel to simulate real world air flow during rides) done here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48753&start=725#p1106508

An overview over how Ferro Fluid affects internal temperature of hubmotors:

file.php

Thx to Justin for the tedious work; testing, calibrating and more testing over and over again.

Hi offroader thank you very mmuc for your help ☺☺☺☺ really appreciate it.

Hi Vito,

I would very much like to use the 205 50H V3 motor in my current build.

Can you please provide quotes for:

QS 3000W 205 50H Hub Motor (V3), 36 holes, 150mm dropouts, black
8.1 kV (this is for 5.5 turns? how does the packing factor of the 5T and 5.5T compare?)
19"X1.6" Black moped aluminium wheel rim
1X2 cross pattern

+

front 19"X1.6" Black moped aluminium wheel rim
1X2 cross pattern

shipped to Christchurch, New Zealand?

For those watching, my build thread is at https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73499

I will have to take some more measurements to ensure a 19" will fit, I am also still investigating machining some custom dropouts which could give me a longer wheelbase and more room near the front of the swingarm if needed. I am taking advice on wheel options as well as freewheel options, I may want to keep the derailleur and retain some gearing flexibility.

Dear All,

We hereby sincerely invite you and your company representatives to visit our booth Hall 11, D48
at EICMA 2015: Milan Motorcycle Show from 17th to 22th Nov., 2015 (We will be together with UGBest).
PS. Our International Trade Manager Steven Shi & Boss Mr. Songliang Ruan will be there all the time during the show.
Could you please advise your availalbe time for the appointment if possible?
EICMA 2015 Milan Motorcycle Show-.jpg

Best Regards

jmz said:
Hi Vito,

I would very much like to use the 205 50H V3 motor in my current build.

Can you please provide quotes for:

QS 3000W 205 50H Hub Motor (V3), 36 holes, 150mm dropouts, black
8.1 kV (this is for 5.5 turns? how does the packing factor of the 5T and 5.5T compare?)
19"X1.6" Black moped aluminium wheel rim
1X2 cross pattern

+

front 19"X1.6" Black moped aluminium wheel rim
1X2 cross pattern

shipped to Christchurch, New Zealand?

For those watching, my build thread is at https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73499

I will have to take some more measurements to ensure a 19" will fit, I am also still investigating machining some custom dropouts which could give me a longer wheelbase and more room near the front of the swingarm if needed. I am taking advice on wheel options as well as freewheel options, I may want to keep the derailleur and retain some gearing flexibility.

Hello Jmz,

Thank you for your kindly information, I have got back to you by PM.
Please check.

Best Regards

spinningmagnets said:
I apologize. I will try to fix it. Feel free to post the car information in the EV general discussion (different subject compared to hub motor for bicycles)

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7

No problem and thank you for your support! I would like to re-post the topic in the EV general discussion now. And share my calculation about the performance of EV.
It might take some time for the topic, won't you delete it as a advertisement? : )
Here is the new link below.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=73888&p=1114735#p1114735

Best Regards

Feedback of my experience with Vito about buying a motor for my build. Vito has been super cooperative and patient with me while I bombarded him with questions, he really knows a lot about all that QS Motor has to offer and gave me tons of good advice to finally direct me to a motor which will be the perfect match for my requirements.

Thank you Vito.
Ray

mistercrash said:
Feedback of my experience with Vito about buying a motor for my build. Vito has been super cooperative and patient with me while I bombarded him with questions, he really knows a lot about all that QS Motor has to offer and gave me tons of good advice to finally direct me to a motor which will be the perfect match for my requirements.

Thank you Vito.
Ray

Thanks for sharing this feedback of your experience. Helps people like me a lot. :)

Back