Quadrocycle from motorcycles 2 hub motors

Viskyar

1 µW
Quadrocycle from motorcycles with 2 hub motors

Hello, endless-sphere society.
I'm posting this thread with the hope of help. For a while now, I've been learning about leaving my diesel car behind. I learned a lot from this forum.
But the questions got bigger.
I want two old motorcycles to make an electric four-wheeler. In the past, I pedaling actively bicycle (and with a trailer), but over the years, two wheels are no longer as attractive. And I also need to carry luggage - I deal with organic growing of fruits, vegetables, eggs and honey.
The current version of the project can be seen in the photo - the idea is to use as many factory-made modules as possible. The elements are from 50cc motorcycle for two passengers and 65 km / h speed.

Quadrocycle2020.jpg

I was considering a single motor and differential, but there are no suitable ones around me - a Fiat Panda differential or similar is the lightest.
That's why I stop at two hub motors with two controllers.
I did a lot of simulations on the site at https://www.ebikes.ca/, but I'm probably confusing something.
Output data:
I live in a house with a yard.
My weight is 110 kg.
Payload (not always) - up to about 150 kg.
Total weight - 250-260 kg.
Travel range - 100 km, 35-40 km one way + reserve.
Travel conditions - mostly equal, city and around city, I live 10 km from the end of the city.
Position - reclining, I will also add a transparent shield in front of me, for better aerodynamics and protection from rain and splashes from other cars.
72 volt supply, prismatic LiFePO4 cells.
I wish I could travel at 60-65 km / h when I am not loaded. But if the budget goes beyond my means, I will settle for it at a slower pace.
Due to the legislation, there will be pedals and chain drive. This will charge the bike.
PAS control for 25 km / h.
I cannot estimate how much the construction will weigh. Maybe 100 kg. (without motors and battery)
I'll buy from alibaba.
I hope I've listed everything.

Now the first questions:
  1. The original motorcycle has 19 inch rim. Since the spokes of these wheels are straight, I can't use them from behind (no one offers a hub motor for straight spokes). So I'm generally free to choose the rim size and buy a full set.
I prefer 19-20 inches - is it practical?
 2. With two hub motors, how many amps of battery current will I need for each? Or how much ampers total battery power will be needed?
 3. With this construction, what mechanical and dynamic problems can I expect?
The front forks are factory, I plan to keep the original vertical angle. They will rotate from a central motorcycle rudder, with a mechanism that reads the acerman geometry.
Rear swings and shock absorbers are also factory-made. The hub mounting distance is 140 mm.
 4. I intend to keep the front wheels (100mm mounting). They have drum brakes. I have not yet evaluated whether discs can be added for stopping.
How much can I count on motor brakes and disc brakes on the rear wheels alone?
Or do I have to order new front wheels with disc brakes as well?
Since this is my first project, I will certainly make many mistakes.
The main part of the price is battery and motors. I prefer to buy better otors than a battery.
I have found a provider who (naturally) claims that theirs are new. There is a lot of feedback from buyers and it can be seen that the cells are second hand. But everyone who commented on the test said the cells had the announced capacity.
If I buy from a proven supplier, the prices are fourfold.
If I buy from an unknown manufacturer, the risks are endless and the prices are different.
Therefore, I tend to buy cheap but with good feedback from buyers. I would not expect them to do 2000 cycles. Most of them include the names of famous manufacturers, such as CALB.
The prices in Europe from the providers I find on prismatic LiFePO4 cells are cosmic. There are practically no recycled car cells in my country.

NB
I hope I'm in the right section. I beg your pardon if I'm wrong.
I apologize for any errors in the text - English is not my mother's, I use the Google translator.

Back