Questions about Bafang motors

RonnieBrowen2106 said:
View attachment 2
View attachment 1

Here is the geared motor compared to my DD hub motor
You need to rethink that torque arm as I don't think it will do anything installed that way. The torque applied to the TA is opposite wheel rotation and w/the way you have it, it's strength is dependent on the bolt that holds the 2 pieces together.

And w/ that large a motor, you need another on the other side as well.

motomech said:
RonnieBrowen2106 said:
View attachment 2
View attachment 1

Here is the geared motor compared to my DD hub motor
You need to rethink that torque arm as I don't think it will do anything installed that way. The torque applied to the TA is opposite wheel rotation and w/the way you have it, it's strength is dependent on the bolt that holds the 2 pieces together.
Those are crap torque arms regardless of direction!

RonnieBrowen2106 said:
The labeling is contradictory, it says 48v 500w and that it is a bfswx02. Swx02 is a 250w-350w motor, not a 500w from my understanding an limited googling.
Welcome to Bafang!

Those are crap torque arms regardless of direction!
And what do you base that statement on?
The genaric Chinese torque arms are hard as diamonds(Ever try and drill one?). If the install matches their shape and size, they are as good as anything on a low to mid power build.
The correct installation of torque arms is important, so next time, save the left field remarks for the base ball games.

Experience and a number of sellers offering ill fitting versions.

I have found out that it is a 500w motor, but the seller sent me the wrong motor. It spins at 34 MPH = 420 RPM. I ordered the 320 RPM motor that was advertised in the description. This transaction was on eBay. It was advertised as 285 RPM in 36 volts and 320 RPM on 42 volts. They said just lower the speed on the controller, but that will not fix the torque. I am just going to buy a new motor from MAC motors. I do have two torque arms installed. I have since taken your advice and flipped the direction of the other torque arm.

RonnieBrowen2106 said:
I have found out that it is a 500w motor, but the seller sent me the wrong motor. It spins at 34 MPH = 420 RPM. I ordered the 320 RPM motor that was advertised in the description. This transaction was on eBay. It was advertised as 285 RPM in 36 volts and 320 RPM on 42 volts. They said just lower the speed on the controller, but that will not fix the torque. I am just going to buy a new motor from MAC motors. I do have two torque arms installed. I have since taken your advice and flipped the direction of the other torque arm.
You do know a 36v battery topped off is 42v?

Back