• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Quick opinion on custom torquearm

Wick

10 mW
Hi! Name is Viktor, origin Sweden. Right now in the process of building my first ebike, and have now reached the construction of the torquearm. Read a lot on ES and finally found Doctorbass´s youtubevideo about torquearms and got very impressed. Thinking of using the same method and epoxy the torquearm snug to the frame. My frame is however a bitch to work with as the space around the dropout is very limited. I have made a model of the torquearm and gonna send it to a laser-company here in town for manufacture this week. I would be very greatfull,if anyone wanted to take a quick look and say if you think this is gonna work with a MXUS, 48V / 30A setup on an aluminiumframe. According to calculations, maximum torque is gonna land on around 75Nm.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 127
Looks good to me, you want to make it as thick as possible with as much surface area against the frame as possible. I think you've done what you can.

Shoud work fine, provided it's thick. 5 mm minimum.

Thanks! Made some additional reinforcements for safety.
Now of to laser!

Back