Overclocker

10 kW
so i pulled this from my GNG v1.1 belt mid-drive kit:

QcGAGrJ.jpg

KphSZgE.jpg

it's got 11mm ID, 4mm keyway

then i'm planning to get this, 250W GEARED Motor - 24 Volts (Style: MY1018Z):

http://tncscooters.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

my 12T freewheel will probably bolt right in, you think?

this is for a mid-drive for a temporary bike so it needs to be as cheap as possible :mrgreen:

I know this is an old thread, but I'd like to know...

Is that a free-wheel sprocket? Did it fit the MY1018? If not, is there a free-wheel sprocket out there that does? Thx.

Santa'sLittleHelper said:
I know this is an old thread, but I'd like to know...

Is that a free-wheel sprocket? Did it fit the MY1018? If not, is there a free-wheel sprocket out there that does? Thx.

yes it's a freewheel sprocket

i have here a 9T sprocket that's supposed to fit the my1018. it has an 11mm bore and 4mm keyway

this freewheel sprocket has the same bore and keyway so i'm pretty sure it'll fit, but i haven't tried

Thank you! A sprocket like that will allow this little geared motor to be mounted as a mid-drive with a simple chain to a standard double or triple front right side crank, while further reducing the reduction ratio to match the desired cadence for climbing. The rider will only have to spin the extra chain up to the small free-wheel sprocket on the motor when it is off, so drag "might" be minimal when riding the bike without power.

FYI: I did see some shims in a "source" thread here that can reduce the hole diameter and account for a key if the size is not correct. When I locate that thread again, I'll post it here for reference.

E-Bike Non-hub Motors Drives < Resources:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?uid=51097&f=28&t=7192&start=0

Do you happen to have a scale to weigh your MY1018 to get an accurate weight for that motor?

I think the MY1018 shaft is [strike]8mm keyed; at least that is what one of the sites stated that sells this motor.[/strike] If you can confirm what it actually is first hand I'd be very grateful. I guess it is possible different builds may have different shafts (?). Thx.

V * THE LINK BELOW CLEARLY STATES IT IS 11MM! * V

Do you know where I can find an 11mm bore/4mm keyway freewheel sprocket like that?

Stanton and others have a freewheel "adapter" that can take a 13T freewheel, but I can't find a straight freewheel slide-on like that. Thx.

Back