Rad Rhino (Rover) touring

JustZ

1 µW
I recently purchased a Rad Rhino which is my first ebike for commuting 20 km daily (in Paris, France) and it has done the job well and at a very competitive price.

Now, I would like to use this same bike for touring a little bit in August (from Paris to the south of France). So I'm looking to buy a new battery to extend my range. At first, I was looking at a similar downtube battery but couldn't find a satisfying capacity to fit my frame (purchasing several ones could have been a option, basically, max size is 370 mm long and 110 mm tall).

I also look into solar panels and adding a trailer but 2 of the trailers I am looking for are out of stock until at least September (like the Aevon 100).

I even watched a video of a guy who uses a generator to go longer. On the ecology part, some hard maths need to be done vs others means (what type of electricity I am using (mainly nuclear in France), carbon footprint of a new battery and its destruction after being used, etc...). But ultimately, I decided against it because of the noise mainly.

So back to square one and I thought I could put a large battery (52v 40 Ah or 48v 40 Ah) in the front rack to balance the weight instead of the rear rack which will have panniers for clothes on top of being a rear hub motor, etc... My front rack is rated at max weight of 11 kg (24 lb).

I found on Bolton ebikes website a RadPower Battery adapter in order to use a XT90 plug. I have asked them a question on whether what plug my battery should have, XT90 male of female but didn't have any answer yet (last week). However from one of Bolton ebikes' video, we can see what type of connector he uses. I think it is a female XT90 but just wanted to be sure since I learned of all that stuff quite recently.

Here's the video : https://youtu.be/LgCDA4K1s_o?t=218

So just double checking here to make sure I have done my homework right, what I would need :
- Bolton's rad battery adapter
- new battery with a XT90 female plug

On a side note, I just went tubeless in order to reduce punctures risk. I did the split tube ghetto mode.

How about a detailed, clear, close-up picture of the connector that is actually on your bike, the one you have, the one you want to put a second battery on, and match THAT, rather than what some other person, with a different bike, that you do not have, thinks it should be?

I am having a hard time understanding your thought process here.

Back